B&T - Murphy's Law, Opinion (no spoilers)

Played as Axis, non-blind PBEM, scenario is 3/4 complete.

I'm sooooo impressed with this scenario that I couldn't wait until the end of the game to post my opinion. I have not won or lost yet. As we go into the 4th quarter the outcome is still very unclear.

This scenario is a tactical nightmare....for BOTH sides IMO. Force composition for both sides is very well thought out, downright clever. There is opportunity for both sides to surprise the other, even playing non-blind!

Rookies may not fully appreciate this scenario. It's tough....real tough, for BOTH SIDES!

Replayability is excellent if you like to do such things. I could play this one several times, at least.

Depending on the attacker, it could be slow out of the gate because the attacker has plenty of time. The defender will not win because of the clock. Only superior tactics will see the defender victorious.

The ONLY change I would make to this scenario is to spread Allied reinforcements out over a few turns to beat the tedious unscrambling.

We all have different tastes when it comes to scenarios; but for me, "Murphy's Law" goes on my very short list of all time favorites. My most sincere and heartfelt Congratulations to the designer. Well done!!!!

Thanks a lot TB! I had a lot of fun designing and playtesting that scenario. It is as close as I could possibly make it to what happened within the time constraints of the battle.

I found some great pictures and maps of the battle area too, and THIS book was also a great help. Dan Champagne, the author, was gracious enough to answer several detailed emails about the subject of the battle and the German OOB.

jw

• 2 months later...

I'll second that - highly recommended scenario for two player. Our game seemd slightly in favour of the axis - but I think that may have been down more to the Allied plan. There are some good Murphy sites on the web that give a great background to this battle - and in my opinion the scenario does a great job.

Yup, awesome battle you got there. I've played CM for a long time now so it's always fun with a scenario that sticks out a bit gameplaywise.

I'm commanding the axis and really enjoying it. It's almost like a good ME methinks. Very cool scenario without having a map or OOB that sticks out so to say. (I don't mean the map and OOB are bad, they're not) The map also seems very realistic with only small undulations and large bodies of the same terrain. I hope for more scenarios like this!