How Much MG Ammo On Tank Guns?

I noticed that on some tanks there is no mg total for a certain gun. For instance, on the King Tiger it says bow and coaxial mg. There is a (234) next to the coaxial but nothing next to the bow gun. Is this number a total number of rounds for both guns or is it just for the coaxial gun? If it's just for the coaxial, then how much is in the bow?

I guess that it would be...though I have never seen this happen. The Sherman only shows the coaxial gun as well... maybe its becuase that type of tank/tanks only have one MG ammo supply? I don't think thats the case but it could be.

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ellros:

Yes, it's the total for all mg's in the hull/turret. AA mg's in Allied tanks or remote mg's in Axis have their own supply.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. By the way, when you say AA mg's in Allied tanks, I assume you are referring to the remote 50 cal flexible...?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

BTW, has someone noted if the total ammo goes out at lower speed if one of the guns goes out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good question. I don't think I've ever noticed that happen with a tank with a bow or coaxial gun because it always seems you have enough to last till the end of the game. But on those tanks which only have a remote flexible, those run out early and yet I can't remember if they stop firing the mg altogether or if it's just like the infantry where they fire only sporadically from that point on.

Does somebody know the answer to this?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

That's a good question. I don't think I've ever noticed that happen with a tank with a bow or coaxial gun because it always seems you have enough to last till the end of the game. But on those tanks which only have a remote flexible, those run out early and yet I can't remember if they stop firing the mg altogether or if it's just like the infantry where they fire only sporadically from that point on.

Does somebody know the answer to this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I understand the question, you're wondering if, when a tank MG runs out of ammo, it can still fire some MG bursts? The answer is no, AFAIK. Recently had a PzIV start firing AP at a target (no HE left). I tried manually targeting, but it didn't allow me to target MG only because it had run out too. The tank fired all its AP for the next 3 turns and nothing else.

BTW, like the Stuart, the M3A1 HT and Scout Car also have the all-in-one ammo thing going. Lots of long-lasting .30cal and .50cal action. smile.gif

- Chris