Battalion HQ vs Company HQ vs Platoon HQ

Are Battalion HQ's inherently better than Company HQ's as far as the benefits they provide to troops in their command radius?

That is to say, if I had an MG in C&C of a Battalion HQ with zero 'standard' bonuses (combat, command, morale, stealth) would it be any better than a zero bonus Company HQ? Same goes for Company HQ vs a Platoon HQ.

And how about HQ's spotting for off-board artillery? If I have a Battalion HQ (zero bonuses once again) spotting for my 105mm arty, is it any quicker (delay-wise) than a similarly blessed Company HQ?

I'm at work discussing this with my regular PBEM partner, and naturally we can't be bothered waiting till we get home in 5 hours to try these things out. No doubt some helpful member out there will be able to provide us with the answers.

Battalion HQ s could be as they are a higher rank then Company HQ s. Other then rank I have not noticed much difference in there command abilities. And they can't call off map artry only FO s can do that, and I saw a recent post by BTS saying that wouldn't be changing any time soon as they never did that in WW2.

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

The higher in the chain of command the HQ is it will have a wider command radius. As far as boosting the abilities of the units in command, everything depends on the bonuses themselves,i.e. +2 stealth and +1 attack, regardless of rank.

I've also noted that the higher ranking HQ units are larger. Plt. HQ have 4 men while Btln. HQ have 6 men. 2 extra men with weapons can help in a desperate situation.

Do the Battalion HQs make a difference when theiy're near intact (their own Platoon HQ) units? High HQs are certainly useful keeping the troop fighting after you've managed to get your platoon commanders killed off. :eek:

One other difference is that in randomly generated scenarios (or ones where the scenario designer didn't tinker with the leadership abilities himself), higher HQ's will tend to have better morale and command abilities and no additional fighting and stealth bonus, while lower HQ's would have it the other way around.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warmaker:

The higher in the chain of command the HQ is it will have a wider command radius.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it doesn't seem to. Bn and Co HQs with no command bonuses both have a 50m command radius in clear weather over open ground. With a 2x command multiplier, they both have a 100m command radius.

But I do think BTS said some time ago that losing a Bn commander is much worse for global morale than losing a Co or Plt HQ.

- Chris