My first mod- Alunimum fishing assault boat!

Now hi res, with fish and registration stickers.

This is a preview of my assault boat mod, possibly the only assault boat mod yet. I made it to look exactly like the one I commercial fish in during the summer, complete with nasty green gillnet slime.

Any experienced mod makers, please critisize and nitpick every detail of this mod so I can improve it. My own mod... I'm so proud of myself. Now if I can link the picture on the first try...

withfish.jpg

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 01-20-2001).]

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Can't you at least have it say Gustav on the back? Maybe SeaHag or something? Otherwise It looks fine, but I've only played 2 maps with the boats.

The salmon in the bottom of the boat are in progress. Too bad you can't do 3D water tiles with leaping fish.

I tried to get a registration number on the back, but it was way too blurry to read. Gustav would be even worse. Besides, the outside bow is the middle of the outside stern, so the bow would say "tav" on it.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

The salmon in the bottom of the boat are in progress. Too bad you can't do 3D water tiles with leaping fish.

I tried to get a registration number on the back, but it was way too blurry to read. Gustav would be even worse. Besides, the outside bow is the middle of the outside stern, so the bow would say "tav" on it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make it a hi-res mod, you big silly! Sad to say, I actually like it. Maybe BTS will add an Evinrude to the back in their program code? I think we, as the gaming community, should insist on that.

How do I make this mod hi res? I'd love to have registration stickers, numbers, and a few fish in the bottom for the crewmen to slip on.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogface:

I've worked in a couple o' boatyards and at Foss Maritime over in seattle as far as i can tell all yer missin is the tire tread bumpers.. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ours didn't have them. They would have tangled in the net, and generally been a pain. The goal is to have as few things as possible that the net can get tangled on. That includes buttons on clothes, extra rope, and fingers. smile.gif

Johnson- I'm hardly a mod expert, but take BMP# 3662, and use a graphics program to draw a red circle in the middle of it. The circle will cover most of the outside bow, and the middle of the outside stern.

Pillar- you're not allowed to have sport fishing rods on a boat registered for commercial fishing. Luckily, the only reason I sport fish is to eat what I catch, so if we want salmon for dinner, we just save a nice one that got caught in the net.

------------------

To make the textures High Res, you need to enlarge their width and height while keeping the ratio the same. Normally doubling the sizes is the best ammount.

Use your paint program's resize or resample (or whatever they call it) to enlarge the texture size while scaling the image.

Now when you look at the picture, it looks just the same, but zoomed in you'll find that what were single pixels are now 2x2 pixel blobs. You should now be able to make small but sharp text, and sharp details.

The new sizes would be:

3660 256x32

3661 128x256

3662 128x64

3663 64x64

3664 128x32

Thanks Marco, I'll definitely try that.

Bfam, the allied boat is the only one. And we didn't have a high tech fish finder. The most technical devices on our skiff were a CB radio and a compass.

------------------

Just updated the mod, now the sides, bow, and stern are hi res. It has a serial number, and is registered for commercial fishing in Alaska.

And it's updated yet again. Now it does have "stinkin'" salmon. Only six though, so it's a slow day.

------------------

Well there you go, waxx. Caught me while I was editing the pic.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

If you change that to a lobster boat and register it in Maine the registration # could be ME109G. Hey, yeah, good idea. It was 109G-6, but that was too long.

And you call those salmon? Looks like bait to me! biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you're right. They're bait for the 300lb Alaskan halibut that's going to be in my next mod. Too bad Maine fish don't get that big. biggrin.gif

------------------