CM Outpost - MAGUA TERRAIN PACK PREVIEW

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DraGoon:

Specifically he wants to know does the community want or need another set of scenery files.

Now we've seen the photos he's working from, when will we see the mod's..? wink.gif

------------------

"He belongs to a race which has coloured the map red, and all he wants are the green fields of England..."

- Joe Illingworth, Yorkshire Post War Correspondent

Must-Have-More-Magua!

Yes, I will use his scenery. Please make it hi-res.

I use his two-story buildings mixed with Panzertruppen's low building which are hi-res. Overall, though, the style and lighter colors of Magua look more realistic to me, as well as visually pleasing in the game environment.

His half-tracks are simply incredible, and I wish he could re-do many more vehicles.

Thanks to Magua for all his hard work, as well as Dragoon for carrying on the Kump tradition.

------------------

Some days the sun just don't shine up a dog's behind.

-- Catfish Hunter

[This message has been edited by Lawyer (edited 02-10-2001).]

Ooo Ooo! Dunno about the architecture question, but they sure look great. Fernando is rocking with them PSW's also. Gotta clean the slober off me monitor now.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Magua, hi,

using your current set of buildings and DD's terrain I never thought it could be improved on. However, you seem to have managed it. It looks stunning, I would love to have a copy of the full set.

I know it is a lot of work but it makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of the game.

Greatly looking forward to see the completed version,

all the best,

Kip.

PS. more pics would be great!

Wow, this got big quick.

A lot of Magua fans out there wink.gif

Thanks for the nice comments. smile.gif

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Who is this masked man? And who are you who does all his speaking for him? His personal assistant or just his alter ego?

Magua's the talented one, I just get to sometimes post pics of what he and the other Mod Creators are up to ATM.

I'm way too busy being my own alter ego to be anyone else's.

Don't have any more pics of his scenery for you yet, but if you pop back to the site I have just put up his "Tommies" mod. It can be viewed and D/L at:

www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/Armor/Magua/magua_armor.htm

We will keep the site updated as we know more.

DG

Edit: got my own URL wrong ... Doh

------------------

CM Outpost

[This message has been edited by DraGoon (edited 02-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by DraGoon (edited 02-10-2001).]

The excellence of Alec's work speaks for itself. Same as with the portfolio of any master, for someone who fails to appreciate its genius . . . well, then I'd guess that person is simply out of luck.

Haven't seen hide nor tail of this splendid fellow since he ducked into the forum in a somewhat apologetic manner a couple of months ago to acknowledge universal kudos for his rendering of rural buildings (vis-a-vis the stir at that time which followed the release of some other artist's very capable work on the same subject).

Anyway, as always Mr. Wade and his unparalleled artistic contribution to the game system are sorely missed in all quarters CMBO. Do we desire to have these artifacts? Do we wish to draw breath in the morning?

OK, a broken down critique...here goes....

1) Love the grass. Looks very realistic. Kinda like what you would see in a tank simulator.

2) The "clear" sky looks great, but doesn't it have a "wee bit" too many clouds in it? Not really complaining, but you know. wink.gif

3) Tree coloring looks good as well, gives a nice contrast to the lighter grass.

4) Not real crazy about the overcast sky. Way too dark and gloomy. Also it doesn't convey the sense of depth as the "clear" sky .bmp does.

5) Boccage and wheat fields look adequate.

6) Not crazy at all about the building in "boccage pic". Although that may be work-in-progress.

7) Buildings in final pic are good. Like the look of the wooden shack looking thing.

8) US '44 Rifle Uniform looks good as well.

There. Hope this helps out more than just your oridinary "Can I have it?" post. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 02-10-2001).]

I belong to the "If Magua made it, it must be good." school. Ever since his buildings I will DL anything this fellow puts out. The attention to detail and care he puts into everything just oozes out of his work. Same with Panzertruppen, Tiger, and a fet others. Someday I hope that every interface I do has the quality of a Magua mod. Now...release the damm terrain so I can see it up close, dammit!! smile.gif

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

I too am of the "if Magua made it I gotta have it" school. Alec's M3 (winter) and German 251/1 halftracks are absolutely outstanding. And the foliage on the 251/1 sets a new standard. I also loved his previous buildings - though I did not use all of them.

This new "Normandy set" is equally outstanding. I am really impressed. I would *love* to see this and additional ones for the 44-45 Western Front with batch files. Please Alec keep up this spectacular work.

Guest SS Peiper

OK I must be nuts but I can find were you can D/L the new tommies file?? were is it.

frown.gif

SS Peiper

never mind I found them. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 02-11-2001).]