CombatGeneral Apologizes

My apologies, I wanted to check if Mad Matt or BTS actually supervised this board. I am very impressed that this is such a high quality board. Now to combat mission. Ive noticed that most of the shermans have the same weaponery. the M4 seems to be the same as the M4A1 and the M4A3. Is there a differene between them?

And hold on Mad Matt, let me just say this. My wife just died so this forum is all that I have to escape the hell at home. Nobody to talk to or laugh with. Having fun on the forum is all im trying to do. I'll restrict my comments to tanks or something next time, as this is a forum of such great importance. My apologies.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CombatGeneral:

some of you people make me sick, have you no compasion at all? Damn you for saying that.<hr></blockquote>

I hope you'll forigve me if I believe this as much as your glorious tour of duty in Harvard Law, which just in case you didn't notice, I disproved.

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: The Commissar ]</p>

Guys,

Let me throw out an idea here, please. It seems CG has gotten on people's nerves (including Matt's, which is never a good thing ;) ). However, he has apologized and said he will play nice. There is no reason to believe he is being insincere. So, let's just call for a "Do Over!" and give the guy a chance.

I think Mike is unsure on believing CombatGeneral or not, since we have an array of contradictory stories (son uses Interent to post wild things, law school grad with no knowledge of law, etc.) If this truth is true, then of course Mike was out of line. If this is another story, as I think Mike suspects (and I have no opinion on) then of course his comment was no more damning than, "shove off", especially since a fake dead wife is a pretty low claim in the first place.

In any case, we may never know the true story of the General, and Matt has requested that idiocy be reigned in, so perhaps his posts should be ignored or answered as is.

General, many versions of M4 were made with many types of weapons, the armament changing during the war as the reality of tank warfare changed and as the design of the M4 evolved. All of the great tanks of that war, the MkIV, the T-34, the Churchhill, the Cromnwell, and the M4, evolved a great deal in the face of the darwanistic evolution process of WW2. The Churchhill got half again as much armor and endless modifications, the T-34 had gun, armor, and design changes by the hundreds, the Mk IV virtually changed functions in the war, and the Cromwell morphed into a whole new tanks, the Comet.

Soldiers,

Uhh... This is getting to be a REALLY sticky issue.

1) Matt is pissed

2) Mistrust is involved

3) Past behavoir

4) Possible bans

5) Many differnt sides to the issue

I suggest that we all just slow down and take deep breaths. Becarefull what you say.

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Lord General MB ]</p>

Okay Guys, lets start afresh here...

Ill lock this one up due to some of the comments that have been made. CG has offered his apologies for rubbing some of you the wrong way. The net isnt the best form of communication, and it is possible that CG's comments have been taken in ways they werent suppsoed to be, so lets take that at face value and give him a little space.

CG, feel free to start another thread and the M4 questions you posted above, I just think it best to lock this one up. No further need for apologies or such, lets just start from scratch...

Dan

Wow, lots to absorb here. Due to having to go through a rather stressful experience myself today involving surgery for a loved one I think it would be better if we ALL just stepped back for a moment, took a breather and came back tomorrow and started anew.

CombatGeneral, my sincereest condolences on your loss.

I think that Slappy has answered your Sherman query well enough for now but feel free to continue this in another thread tomorrow if you wish. I would also recommend you check out the Article section on CMHQ for a very good rundown on the various models of Sherman Tanks.

http://www.combatmission.com/articles/articles.asp

Michael, low blow dude. There are some paths best not tread upon.

Guys, this thread (as with all the other ones today) can only go downhill so once AGAIN I am locking it up.

CG, while I must say I have my doubts on your true intentions here, I am willing to wipe the slate clean and let you start over. I hope you don't prove my doubts to be accurate. This is one time I would be happy to be wrong about someone.

Madmatt

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]</p>