Reinforcements in CG's

QUICK BUT IMPORTANT QUESTION:

How do you get reinforcements to enter the maprather than be available for set up. Also, to be placed in "other " areas of the map such as a map edge.

If three set up zones exist at the scenario start I would really like it if reinforcements set up in particular zones and not be available for placement anywhere on the bl**dy map.. !!

Designers have to do a lot of fiddling to get games to work with "phases" happening at the right time.

I have posted this question in a different guise in the scenario section but advice that scenario forum has has gone to sleep...

Thanks

Scenario designer in turmiol. :mad:

I Know what you mean.... I just started fiddling with the operations editor myself, and ran into the same problem. CM is a great game, but it feels a little 'bare bones' in the editor aspect. Dont get me wrong, I cant stop playing it, but a few more simple functions and options would be wonderfull, like a zoom function for the map. The whole game is so intuitive to pick up, untill you run into some quirks in the editor. I would like to know the answer to your question as well.Ive seen it done in 'home grown ;)' scenarios.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cauldron:

How do you get reinforcements to enter the maprather than be available for set up. Also, to be placed in "other " areas of the map such as a map edge.

If three set up zones exist at the scenario start I would really like it if reinforcements set up in particular zones and not be available for placement anywhere on the bl**dy map.. !!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only way that I know of to steer where

reinforcements arrive in a scenario is to

take the little 'reinforce x' flag marker,

which you can see when you preview the map

after putting units in a reinforcement

slot, and place it where you want them to

arrive. I learned this by just playing around

with the editor, though I later confirmed

it by reading the manual which accompanied

the game.

To have them 'enter' the map, just put it

close to an edge. Pls. note that they

won't become 'available for setup'. They

arrive already set up, close to the marker

which the scenario designer (you in this

case) has placed in the place where you

want them to arrive, on the turn that you

have chosen for them to arrive, acc. to

the probabilities stipulated in the units

section of the scenario editor, so to speak,

but never 'all over the bl**dy map' AFAIK.

regards,

--Rett

If you're asking how to make some troops appear to the battle later as a reinforcement, instead of participating in the setup phase when the game starts:

in scenario editor, before selecting a unit you have to first decide if it's part of the initial setup or reinforcement1-5. Select the group first, then the unit.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Echo:

One cannot control where reinforcements will appear in an operation. They will be available for setup anywhere in the ground you control on the day/battle# that they appear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it that in the Whitman Op the reinforcing MkIVs and such arrive back at the corssraods at the far end of the map?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

How is it that in the Whitman Op the reinforcing MkIVs and such arrive back at the corssraods at the far end of the map?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They show up there, but then you can immediately place them anywhere within your zone of control to start that particular battle.