Rare Rupublican Guard M-24 mod available

Slappy wrote

Clinton made no secret of his stance or plans at any one minute, and would not hesitate to tell groups to their face he was for them or against them.

This ie Lie number one. You got to be ****ing kidding. Clinton had that Hitler type ability to get in front of any crowd and tell them exactly what the wanted to hear. Except the difference between Hitler and Clinton was that Hitler meant everything he said, Clinton never did.

Bush just plain old fails to mention he had a drunk driving ticket or that he used and even sold cocaine (not a dealer, just to friends) in his wild and wooley youth.

Like you say Slappy where is the evidence, Mr-know-it-all. Another lie.

You act like this for fun, but then preceed to tell lie after lie. Nice try though. biggrin.gif Plus its to damn early to type anymore.

Tony

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Slappy wrote

Clinton made no secret of his stance or plans at any one minute, and would not hesitate to tell groups to their face he was for them or against them.

This ie Lie number one. You got to be ****ing kidding. Clinton had that Hitler type ability to get in front of any crowd and tell them exactly what the wanted to hear. Except the difference between Hitler and Clinton was that Hitler meant everything he said, Clinton never did.

Bush just plain old fails to mention he had a drunk driving ticket or that he used and even sold cocaine (not a dealer, just to friends) in his wild and wooley youth.

You act like this for fun, but then preceed to tell lie after lie. Nice try though. biggrin.gif Plus its to damn early to type anymore.

Tony

Oh for Christ's sake. Are you seriously comparing Clinton to Hitler?

I am fairly tolerant of others' political beliefs as long as they don't act like total asswipes about it, but I have just lost any respect for you.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Oh for Christ's sake. Are you seriously comparing Clinton to Hitler?

I am fairly tolerant of others' political beliefs as long as they don't act like total asswipes about it, but I have just lost any respect for you.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Originally posted by Dittohead:

Slappy wrote

Tony

First off I urge everyone to take a deep breath and not feed the troll. When someone includes nothing but insults in a post, they have nothing to say, and thus there is no reason to respond one way or another.

In fact, politics cannot be discussed from a logical view point because of cognitive dissonance in the speakers. My rule of thumb is to be critical of my own party (I am a Republican) and leave the Dems to be critical of their own. That way flames do not start since people are being critical of their own party rather than attacking anothers.

Mr. Dittohead (aka Tony) displays what is known as cognitive dissonance. My own party has been comparing Clinton to Hitler for years, and he uncritically fell for it. The Dems compared Reagan to Hitler for years and many Dems still knee-jerk to the issue. The brain seems to shut down its ability to tell fact, to listen, and to respond reasonably. It is almost biochemical in nature.

You can see this at gun shows and at any political convention from any side. At the recent SC gunshow there was a UN conspiracy nut booth in the corner with a crowd around it. Seems they think French troops led by Jewish commandos are taking over Army bases in and around Washington.

In my local Republican party office there is a group who want Timothy McVeigh pardoned since he was "acting as a patriot in fighting tyranny". They have been fed the line that there is some huge government conspiracy that they cannot see the trees or the forest, let alone converse on an adult level with anyone.

Cognitive dissonance causes weird behavior.

[This message has been edited by Slapdragon (edited 01-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Dittohead:

Slappy wrote

Tony

First off I urge everyone to take a deep breath and not feed the troll. When someone includes nothing but insults in a post, they have nothing to say, and thus there is no reason to respond one way or another.

In fact, politics cannot be discussed from a logical view point because of cognitive dissonance in the speakers. My rule of thumb is to be critical of my own party (I am a Republican) and leave the Dems to be critical of their own. That way flames do not start since people are being critical of their own party rather than attacking anothers.

Mr. Dittohead (aka Tony) displays what is known as cognitive dissonance. My own party has been comparing Clinton to Hitler for years, and he uncritically fell for it. The Dems compared Reagan to Hitler for years and many Dems still knee-jerk to the issue. The brain seems to shut down its ability to tell fact, to listen, and to respond reasonably. It is almost biochemical in nature.

You can see this at gun shows and at any political convention from any side. At the recent SC gunshow there was a UN conspiracy nut booth in the corner with a crowd around it. Seems they think French troops led by Jewish commandos are taking over Army bases in and around Washington.

In my local Republican party office there is a group who want Timothy McVeigh pardoned since he was "acting as a patriot in fighting tyranny". They have been fed the line that there is some huge government conspiracy that they cannot see the trees or the forest, let alone converse on an adult level with anyone.

Cognitive dissonance causes weird behavior.

[This message has been edited by Slapdragon (edited 01-28-2001).]

So, stepping away from the flame war, does anyone have any suggestions for my funny allied mods (Germans are next). Has to be Icon driven since the ones I tried with paint schemes backfired, they were to subtle. I am working on flames and racing stripes for the Germans BTW -- and a Star Wars theme.

So, stepping away from the flame war, does anyone have any suggestions for my funny allied mods (Germans are next). Has to be Icon driven since the ones I tried with paint schemes backfired, they were to subtle. I am working on flames and racing stripes for the Germans BTW -- and a Star Wars theme.

A piece of advice; in your next funny mod, if you want to help avert flames, stay with non-political themes. Personally, I think your latest mod shown in here is pretty snazzy, but you see how things can snowball in here easily.

Nothing jumps to mind on the Allied side, though for the Germans, I you could try doing a "flower power" Kubelwagon. wink.gif

Now back to my Pershing mod work.......

A piece of advice; in your next funny mod, if you want to help avert flames, stay with non-political themes. Personally, I think your latest mod shown in here is pretty snazzy, but you see how things can snowball in here easily.

Nothing jumps to mind on the Allied side, though for the Germans, I you could try doing a "flower power" Kubelwagon. wink.gif

Now back to my Pershing mod work.......

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I should also say Deanco, in honor of you I have been working on one for the French that has the words "place front toward enemy" and "shoot THEN surrender" in French, and another that has a nice big Franc on it with a personalized Paris liscence plate for Jacques Chirac. smile.gif

Sheesh.

I know DeanCo lives in Paris and all but you wouldn't even do that for a FRENCH!!

Boy I feel low.

I need that MOD...

biggrin.gif

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I should also say Deanco, in honor of you I have been working on one for the French that has the words "place front toward enemy" and "shoot THEN surrender" in French, and another that has a nice big Franc on it with a personalized Paris liscence plate for Jacques Chirac. smile.gif

Sheesh.

I know DeanCo lives in Paris and all but you wouldn't even do that for a FRENCH!!

Boy I feel low.

I need that MOD...

biggrin.gif

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

Guest Madmatt

Okay okay, Who would have though a Mod post would turn into a Political Debate?

Election is over and so is this thread now...

Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Okay okay, Who would have though a Mod post would turn into a Political Debate?

Election is over and so is this thread now...

Madmatt