Rare Rupublican Guard M-24 mod available

Watching from Canada, Bush seemed much more presidential than Gore - though it was embarrassing to see the fallout from the recount on both sides. I thought Bush came out of that with a little more dignity, but I wasn't really paying careful attention. I get the impression Bush is a little more law-and-order - we certainly hear about the executions in Texas, which I think I am in agreement with.

I am sure Gore is an intelligent man (just as I am sure he didn't invent the internet) but then again I liked Dan Quayle too, and thought he got picked on unnecessarily.

I got the impression that no matter how big a liar Clinton was (and he was disgustingly dishonest) he was always sincerely concerned about people and issues. Maybe it was part of his act, but I have always been far too easy to fool.

What will Mister Gore do now, any ideas? For that matter, what has Quayle been doing?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting seeing what happens in four years, as the Democratic party might choose to support Gore again, or they MIGHT decide they want to push Hillary into the White House.

Would be interesting, wouldn't it? First female President being also the wife of a former President?

Anyway, I suppose that Bush should be okay, but I think his aides are really going to save his hide. Colin Powell is an IMMENSELY popular choice for him to have made, both domestically and to some extend abroad.

One thing I want to comment on:

Bush has a record of being upright and having the proper image for the job.

Well, he also has a wide-spread image of a serious party animal and possibly of a former cocaine user. Only recently has he "shaped up", so to speak.

His record of executions in Texas annoys me quite highly. Why? Because although I support the Death Penalty absolutely, it REALLY bothers me how many times the people executed in Texas were PROVEN to be innocent. Ummm... Okay, that's something that would infuriate most people.

A few problems with that:

1.) Not justice if the wrong guy gets "offed". Oops. C'mon, kill the RIGHT murderer/rapist/abuser, will ya?

2.) Really hurt the entire Death Penalty movement nationwide. It's opponents will be able to use the Texas record to convince the public to do away with the service. That displeases me.

Ah well.

Anyway, you know what I think will be Bush's biggest problem? Whether it is his fault or not, he IS going to be blamed by the American public for the economic downturn we're expected to be hit by soon.

Everybody wants a scapegoat, and Dubya will be the patsy for this one. Not fair, not just, but the mob is going to eat him alive unless he pulls off some serious magic soon...

It will be interesting seeing what happens in four years, as the Democratic party might choose to support Gore again, or they MIGHT decide they want to push Hillary into the White House.

Would be interesting, wouldn't it? First female President being also the wife of a former President?

Anyway, I suppose that Bush should be okay, but I think his aides are really going to save his hide. Colin Powell is an IMMENSELY popular choice for him to have made, both domestically and to some extend abroad.

One thing I want to comment on:

Bush has a record of being upright and having the proper image for the job.

Well, he also has a wide-spread image of a serious party animal and possibly of a former cocaine user. Only recently has he "shaped up", so to speak.

His record of executions in Texas annoys me quite highly. Why? Because although I support the Death Penalty absolutely, it REALLY bothers me how many times the people executed in Texas were PROVEN to be innocent. Ummm... Okay, that's something that would infuriate most people.

A few problems with that:

1.) Not justice if the wrong guy gets "offed". Oops. C'mon, kill the RIGHT murderer/rapist/abuser, will ya?

2.) Really hurt the entire Death Penalty movement nationwide. It's opponents will be able to use the Texas record to convince the public to do away with the service. That displeases me.

Ah well.

Anyway, you know what I think will be Bush's biggest problem? Whether it is his fault or not, he IS going to be blamed by the American public for the economic downturn we're expected to be hit by soon.

Everybody wants a scapegoat, and Dubya will be the patsy for this one. Not fair, not just, but the mob is going to eat him alive unless he pulls off some serious magic soon...

Okaley-dokaley, let's keep this civil, shall we? biggrin.gif

My, the tension in this thread... Good lord.

Anyway, my rebuttal: (note: I like bits and pieces from both party)

1.) Gore never actually said he invented the Internet. It is a frequent misquote, one that I welcome you to find the actual video clip. What he was ATTEMPTING to say was that he was on some Senate committee that ended up accepting the idea of the Internet and from which came some Federal funds. He said it VERY poorly, but what he is quoted to say is not actually the factual quote.

He screwed up, and the media had a field day with it by making it seem even worse. (You wanted facts? There ya go. wink.gif)

2.) Bush actually left the Texas Air National Guard before his legally mandated service period was completed. He also joined it in the first place to avoid being drafted. (Clinton ran off to Canada, Bush ducked into an easy and safe method of pretending he wasn't a coward. Both cowards in their own way, both good candidates for minor contempt)

3.) Too many rumors exist about the reasons WHY Bush got into Yale and why he managed to graduate. I am unable to simply throw away all the stories I have heard, as Bush has a quite well-known reputation for being a serious party animal and former borderline cocaine addict. Neither candidate really brought forth incredible grades in college, but that is not an issue I place a great deal of importance in.

I mean, it's a lot more important what they actually do AFTER they graduate, agreed?

4.) Bush has a history of poor basic knowledge of domestic and international events, places, and people. He has a collection of "social faux pas" surpassed only by Dan Quayle, the man famous for insisting that a student spell the word potato like this: "potatoe". Oops.

*End Note*:

I'm just slightly to the political right of Attila the Hun, but even I can see the faults our new President possesses. Surely you do not believe he is a perfect White Knight out to fix all the ails of the country, do you?

P.S. jackhammer, that really was a little over the top, IMHO. C'mon, jump in the debate with civility, we won't bite. tongue.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

Valhalla awaits you, honorable warrior...

------------------------

"If you find yourself alone, riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!"

Okaley-dokaley, let's keep this civil, shall we? biggrin.gif

My, the tension in this thread... Good lord.

Anyway, my rebuttal: (note: I like bits and pieces from both party)

1.) Gore never actually said he invented the Internet. It is a frequent misquote, one that I welcome you to find the actual video clip. What he was ATTEMPTING to say was that he was on some Senate committee that ended up accepting the idea of the Internet and from which came some Federal funds. He said it VERY poorly, but what he is quoted to say is not actually the factual quote.

He screwed up, and the media had a field day with it by making it seem even worse. (You wanted facts? There ya go. wink.gif)

2.) Bush actually left the Texas Air National Guard before his legally mandated service period was completed. He also joined it in the first place to avoid being drafted. (Clinton ran off to Canada, Bush ducked into an easy and safe method of pretending he wasn't a coward. Both cowards in their own way, both good candidates for minor contempt)

3.) Too many rumors exist about the reasons WHY Bush got into Yale and why he managed to graduate. I am unable to simply throw away all the stories I have heard, as Bush has a quite well-known reputation for being a serious party animal and former borderline cocaine addict. Neither candidate really brought forth incredible grades in college, but that is not an issue I place a great deal of importance in.

I mean, it's a lot more important what they actually do AFTER they graduate, agreed?

4.) Bush has a history of poor basic knowledge of domestic and international events, places, and people. He has a collection of "social faux pas" surpassed only by Dan Quayle, the man famous for insisting that a student spell the word potato like this: "potatoe". Oops.

*End Note*:

I'm just slightly to the political right of Attila the Hun, but even I can see the faults our new President possesses. Surely you do not believe he is a perfect White Knight out to fix all the ails of the country, do you?

P.S. jackhammer, that really was a little over the top, IMHO. C'mon, jump in the debate with civility, we won't bite. tongue.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

------------------------

"If you find yourself alone, riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!"

hey hammer, I'm just curious, but why edit your posts? Just feel it's a moot arguement? ("Your" man did win, anyway... wink.gif)

*Yawn*

Anyway, I'm off to bed, like I SHOULD have been 6 hours ago! biggrin.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

------------------------

hey hammer, I'm just curious, but why edit your posts? Just feel it's a moot arguement? ("Your" man did win, anyway... wink.gif)

*Yawn*

Anyway, I'm off to bed, like I SHOULD have been 6 hours ago! biggrin.gif

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

------------------------

Originally posted by deanco:

You did it again, Slapdragon! Anybody know how to get rid of spilled coffee from a computer keyboard?

Just wait until I get all the mods finished. The US will look like a circus. The Churchill I am working on also will be interesting -- IF I can get the picture of Maggie Thatcher to look a little more like her.

You did it again, Slapdragon! Anybody know how to get rid of spilled coffee from a computer keyboard?

Just wait until I get all the mods finished. The US will look like a circus. The Churchill I am working on also will be interesting -- IF I can get the picture of Maggie Thatcher to look a little more like her.

I should also say Deanco, in honor of you I have been working on one for the French that has the words "place front toward enemy" and "shoot THEN surrender" in French, and another that has a nice big Franc on it with a personalized Paris liscence plate for Jacques Chirac. smile.gif

I should also say Deanco, in honor of you I have been working on one for the French that has the words "place front toward enemy" and "shoot THEN surrender" in French, and another that has a nice big Franc on it with a personalized Paris liscence plate for Jacques Chirac. smile.gif

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

IF I can get the picture of Maggie Thatcher to look a little more like her.

Ugh, why? The less it looks like her, the less stupifyingly horrible it'll be.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

IF I can get the picture of Maggie Thatcher to look a little more like her.

Ugh, why? The less it looks like her, the less stupifyingly horrible it'll be.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super