New buildings to destroy

<baseball hitting bat> "It's way back, it could be, it is a homerun!"

Tank, man those are truely superb. Love the second to the last pic. Love the vine-age too. Makes for that good Normandy feel. Not sure about the church. Looks too light to me. However if it does look right with all the buldings together, go for it. Just looks strange by itself in the pic.

Still not sure about your roof textures though. I use them, however I'm thinking about reinstalling Panzertruppens.

Thanks guys. I should be sending them out in a day or two.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

<baseball hitting bat> "It's way back, it could be, it is a homerun!"

Tank, man those are truely superb. Love the second to the last pic. Love the vine-age too. Makes for that good Normandy feel. Not sure about the church. Looks too light to me. However if it does look right with all the buldings together, go for it. Just looks strange by itself in the pic.

Still not sure about your roof textures though. I use them, however I'm thinking about reinstalling Panzertruppens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Max. Just trying to stay up with the heavy hitters. I think the church fits in with the others pretty well.

What don't you like about the roof textures? I lightened them twice since my small buildings first came out.

Im afraid that the building textures presented by Panzertruppen, who stood valiantly on my computer screen from their first release so long ago, withstanding all the assaults against it by usurpers like Magua's Normandy, have finally reached the end of its long and glorious service. This is truly magnificent.

To quote that infamous prima donna, "I love it...so help me God I love it so!"

However, your buildings seem to stick up from the ground more then Panzertruppen's (most other building textures showed the same trait, except no others were as good as yours), which explains the long life of Panzertruppen's work. I simply hate that "box on a soccer field" look all buildings in CM have unless they are on paved ground. Here's hoping CM2 sees BTS fix or do sumfink about the issue.

I'll definitely be downloading these buildings when you're done. The only thing I dislike is the white flag. It's cool on that building but the problem is on a large scale map with many buildings you end up with 20% or so of them with white flags. Looks a little stange to me is all. Are the roof tiles simulating slate? Looks very nice. Hanns

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hanns:

I'll definitely be downloading these buildings when you're done. The only thing I dislike is the white flag. It's cool on that building but the problem is on a large scale map with many buildings you end up with 20% or so of them with white flags. Looks a little stange to me is all. Are the roof tiles simulating slate? Looks very nice. Hanns<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Hanns:

I may remove the flag before I send them out. One of the roof tiles is like slate, the other is dark wood.

...if I may be so bold - some food for thought...

...formally speaking, the white flag, although wonderful in its conception, loses its potential due to a fitful lack of dynamism and perspective, as a result, it looks rather silly in comparison to the remainder of the building – seemingly an afterthought at best (please, note hanns’s sound point regarding the specious number which would appear). also, do you plan to add any weathering effects to the shutters/window frames? at this point, they read as overly clean/stylized, which I am assuming you would like to minimize as much as the models will allow...

...aside from that bit of carping, the soot above the broken window, as well as the nazi poster are fantastic nuances, both welcome and well executed. what’s more, I especially admire the way you have been rendering impact/scorch marks from the early going (your small building textures set a new standard in regard to repainting structures)...

...will you be issuing winter versions at some point?

your work shows a good deal of promise. not only that, it is refreshing to see somebody attempt to squeeze as much vitality as possible from the 2D surfaces, even if some of the endeavors are less than convincing. I will be sure to keep my eye out for the completed versions...

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

...if I may be so bold - some food for thought...

...formally speaking, the white flag, although wonderful in its conception, loses its potential due to a fitful lack of dynamism and perspective, as a result, it looks rather silly in comparison to the remainder of the building – seemingly an afterthought at best (please, note hanns’s sound point regarding the specious number which would appear). also, do you plan to add any weathering effects to the shutters/window frames? at this point, they read as overly clean/stylized, which I am assuming you would like to minimize as much as the models will allow...

...aside from that bit of carping, the soot above the broken window, as well as the nazi poster are fantastic nuances, both welcome and well executed. what’s more, I especially admire the way you have been rendering impact/scorch marks from the early going (your small building textures set a new standard in regard to repainting structures)...

...will you be issuing winter versions at some point?

your work shows a good deal of promise. not only that, it is refreshing to see somebody attempt to squeeze as much vitality as possible from the 2D surfaces, even if some of the endeavors are less than convincing. I will be sure to keep my eye out for the completed versions...

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just removed the white flag, so it won't be in the final version. I'll see what I can do about the shutters and window frames.

I'm planning on re-doing my small buildings next. They were too dark and I would like to make some other changes. If I haven't gone crazy and climbed up my own church tower carrying a sniper rifle, I would like to do winter versions after that.

i got it mostly figured out: one or two heavy building will be replaced, leaving me with magua's originals and tanks'. the medium sized building may be added depending on how it looks with the others, de-throning one of panzertrup's. the church is now tussling with magua's normandy church(i may even cut and paste and make a hybrid to get the best of what i like in each, but unlikely).

I have downloaded the buildings, ( the light and the heavy building pack )

While unzipping the new heavy building pack, i got an error.

File nr. 327 is "wrong"

The buildings are beautiful !

Now i only need a new nr.327.bmp ....

Monty aka Moose

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Monty ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

Anybody else having problems with 327.bmp?

Monty, I can e-mail you the file if you want.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I just got the error. Could you e-mail a replacement to "g.molek@att.net"?

Thanks,

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Brian:

What is "CMT?" I'd like to go to the site and get the mods.

Thanks in advance!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CMT is Michlos' site called the Combat Mission Times. Here's the link.

The link

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Tanks a Lot ]