Southern Cal CM'ers

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Bay :cool:

I lived LA for 17yrs, and you guys are making me homesick. So nice to hear the names of all those places in Southern Cal. If I had known that so many CM players were lurking around, I wouldn't have moved away. (I moved 3yrs ago, but hey, who's counting

;) ).

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: hal9000 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> By ol' Foobar:

what am I, chopped liver?!!

;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A ha! I was expecting that... ;)

Notice the language of my last post:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Well, that sucks Darwin, especially after you made all this effort to help this get together going... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, Ok, Navare can let you look thru the periscope, and maybe steer the sub. :D

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

LOL, Ok, Navare can let you look thru the periscope, and maybe steer the sub. :D

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(pull head out of medical chest)

Sorry..what..I was looking for some medicinal rum.

Tonight. I will be there at 7pm. I will try to get a table on the patio look for me there first. I am going to make a CMBO placecard so you can look for that also.

Hope to see alot of you there.

Thanks to all who came out, that was really alot of fun! (I just wished I could have stayed out longer)

We have to do this again very soon, for no better reason than I stiffed you guys on the bar tab! First round is on me, next time any of you want to meet up! Did anyone else show up after I left?

Attendees, (iirc)

-Feldgrau (as bald as MadMatt, but much more agreeable)

-MarkIV (His usual MarkIV self. On leave from angry wife)

-Thumpre (His wife made him come, he had nowhere else to go)

-Navarre (Got stiffed for a Newcastle Ale. Lives way too close to me to risk an insult)

-Gyrene (Brazilian with a New York accent)

-Captain Foobar (got free drink)

To all those who made it last night, Feldgrau, Navarre, Mk IV, Capt. Foobar, and Gyrene, thank you for a very enjoyable evening. It was very refreshing to be able to talk about "The Obsession" without having people shake their heads and smile nervously. smile.gif Perhaps we should look into that Argentine B-B-Q for the next meeting.... :D

Yes, thanks to you guys for showing up...Made my drive worth it.

(Typed in New York/Canadian/Alabama/God-knows-where accent :D )

Thanks to Feldgrau for the mod sneak-peek, the new (Classified) looks awesome and it's already installed in my CM. smile.gif

See you all next time

Gyrene

Hey Foobs, where's the picture?

The scariest thing about this meeting was that it confirmed one of my worst suspicions... that many of you here actually exist!

Perhaps one of the keys to (continued) civil discourse on the ol' BBS would be more of these gatherings. Some of these mooks had faces, and were quite pleasant and even interesting to drink and/or speak with. It may interest some of you to know that Captain Foobar is only 4 cm tall, and that THumpre has two heads, for example.

Thanks to feldgrau for the surprise treat, and I promise to start trying mods... as soon as this ^%$#& house is painted.

I suspect we all owe Navarre a drink. The BBQ/asado works for me.

It was nice to see that some of you actually exist and are not figments of my imagination, like my wife says yu all are.

The best part of the evening had to be when the people at the next table over started giving us sideways glances as we talked about 8" artillery and destroying houses with it.

Unfortunatly, it turns out I will not be able to be avalilable on Oct 27 as I planned to be so someone else will have to carry the torch for that one. I will hold you all up to buying me drinks at the next one I can make though. :D

Cheers!

Argh, sounds like you all had fun. Wish I could have gone...

So I have good news and bad news. Good news is that I hooked up with a girl I let slip away last year, bad news is there is work available to me the weekend of the 27th up near her locale and if I can land it... I'm there smile.gif

I didn't bring a camera with me this time but she's the same girl I fell forhere

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Personally, I think Shakespeare's is a great idea at any time! It is 5 minutes from my house! I dont care how far you guys have to drive, we're thinking of ME here... ;D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it will be all about me when I collect on that beer you owe me!

:D