One last forlorn plea....

Okay. I can live without flail tanks. I can live without M16 Halftracks. CM doesn't want for the lack of Staghounds.

But...

GIVE ME TRUCKS!!! Before CM2, please complete those darn trucks. I want Bedford Lorries. I want Opels or Buessing Nags. I can't stand lookin' at those deuce and a halfs any more.

It sucks big time when your on board assets run out of ammo just when things are getting interesting. Especially during those 40-60 min battles that involve shooting from turn 2.

[This message has been edited by tero (edited 02-12-2001).]

I definitely don't envision supply on any scale in CM.

In a battle, even a large one, there is a large degree of planning that has gone on before hand, supply included!

For 5000pts, say on attack, that's at least one btn. storming down on the defenders, that btn. has probably been planning its move for days, has arty prep already, has packs dumped while the lads go forward carrying ammo and a day or twos rations just in case (to be brought up by the trucks as soon as the attack is successful and counterattack beaten off), the start line has been secured and supply has already happened.

Supply really only matters at the scale of the CMMC and CPX. I can't wait for the stories to come out of the CPX when we hear how they impacted that campaign.

there!

hehe

PeterNZ

------------------

"Patriotism is the virtue of the viscious" - Oscar Wilde

"Don't F*CK with Johnny Cash!" - Chupacabra

Well, then the supply wasn't handled well, because as pointed out above, it's very easy to run out of ammo in just a thirty turn game for many units, particularly some of the German SP's.

------------------

New to Combat Mission?

Visit CM Boot Camp at Combat Missions for tips.

[This message has been edited by Gremlin (edited 02-12-2001).]

Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Okay. I can live without flail tanks. I can live without M16 Halftracks. CM doesn't want for the lack of Staghounds.

But...

GIVE ME TRUCKS!!! Before CM2, please complete those darn trucks. I want Bedford Lorries. I want Opels or Buessing Nags. I can't stand lookin' at those deuce and a halfs any more.

... and if we're going to have all these trucks, let's have tires that go flat and dead batteries and tow-trucks. Not just one tow-truck either mind you; at least 3 or 4 types for each nationality. What about individually serial numbered vehicles? I get so tired of seeing the same plates on all my rigs. "Look at those two HTs! They have the same license plate number! WTF! What a stupid, bad game." We want and demand 'Truck Mission:Beyond Sensibility'

------------------

Later, Dave

Stupid question from a new guy.

Could someone do a truck mod to represent the differnet trucks, at least those with similar performance capabilities?

That might be a way to get a bedford, though not, unfortunately a quad or a 15 cwt...

Kind of off subject, but I would rather see the ability to pick up discarded weapons then the inclusion of ammo carriers.

This is something that could happen within the scope of the game, happened a lot and is a feature in SL.

I'm sure it is probably a programming issue, but it would be cool to turn those schrek's on German armor.

------------------

Stay Alert!! Stay Alive!!

Oh, feck all of you and your weapons-collecting, ammo-distributing asses -- I mean mules.

When CMBO was released (late), BTS candidly admitted that they just didn't have time to do all the truck textures, so they slapped the yankee six-by into everyone's OOB. Well, that's understandable. Now, I may be mistaken, but I THINK they said they'd fix that at some point. Am I mistaken?

Guest Madmatt

Originally posted by Forever Babra:

but I THINK they said they'd fix that at some point. Am I mistaken?

Yes, that fix will be called Combat Mission 2.

biggrin.gif

Madmatt

LOL! Babra, what possible difference does it make? Get your cowardly, gold-bricking troops offa those trucks and FIGHT DAMMIT!

As for captured weapons - I doubt it was done as often in real life as it was in Squad Leader. Especially MGs - they all gave off distinctive noises, and troops pretty much aimed for muzzle flashes, gunsmoke and the distinctive chatter of enemy guns.

Bring on the T-34s!