What is ICQ?

It's an instant messenger program and you don't want it. smile.gif

Actually it might be more stable than the other ones. I use MSN Messenger and it's down about 50% of the time...at least it seems that way.

ICQ is probably the most complicated of the instant messenging programs to use. It has a ton of features that would only serve purpose if you were using the program 24/7.

You might try AIM--That's AOL's version but I heard it's not much better than MSN Messenger.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Firefly:

Just a question for you ICQers before we get moved to the general frounm smile.gif .

I've always been put off it by reports of the security issues, have any of you had any problems in that regard?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what those people are talking about I have no problems with it. Nore any security issues.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

I don't know what those people are talking about I have no problems with it. Nore any security issues.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me either, & I have been useing it since it came out. & I never found it 'overly complicated' etc, Ie, want to send a message to an friend, click on your friends name from your friends list, type it & send, your done; he get's the message instantly, or next time he logs on. ICQ can also tell you when your friends are OL.

IRC is great if you plan on doing group chats of 10 + ppl regurly, as ICQ tends to choke & drop ppl in big chats. I have IRC for when my Guild in EQ gets together.

Regards, John Waters

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: PzKpfw 1 ]

I have ICQ and have had it for a loooong time. As far as those above saying it has alot of complicated features, well they are damned right. The problem though is that it is still a simple program. I consider it like a car with tons of features. they are there if I want them, but if I don't then I won't clutter my time with them. As far as it taking up alot of hardrive space, good grief! it can't be any more than a few megs and with GB hard drives now who cares? Use it, it is easy to use. Don't let intimidated opinions get you down (no offense up there!)

Deadeye3