Announcing Team (Combined Arms) Rumble II: Rumble in the Ardennes

That's right. I'm looking for victims, I mean players :cool:, for Team Rumble II. Notice that the word "Tank" has been stricken from the title. Yes, we're going to try a combined arms rumble this time, where each player will control either a single vehicle or gun, or, 1 or more platoons of infantry.

What's the situation? The Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge. Elements of Kampfgruppe Peiper are trying to slash through the disorganized American defenses in the Ambleve valley and breakout across the Meuse River. If they succeed, there will be nothing between the Germans and the deep-water port of Antwerp, and the Germans will have split the Allied forces in two.

If interested, and who wouldn't be smile.gif, please send an e-mail to "g.molek@att.net" with your preference of Axis or Allied side (don't worry about particular unit selection as that will be negotiated among your team-mates). To further enhance the fog-of-war, you won't even know how many players are on the opposing team.

NOTE: I can make no guarantees that this scenario will be well balanced (although the first one resulted in a draw :D ), but it will be a blast.

Act now, this is a limited time offer.

Taxes, license and destination fees, extra.

Your mileage may vary.

Offer void where prohibited.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

No deposit, no refund.

Gordon

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

WARNING!

The Team Rumble II slots are filling up fast, but even if you don't make the initial cut, there will be reinforcement slots available as well as replacement slots (there will always be a few drop-outs), so get in your requests soon.

Gordon

PawBroon

Latest reports from the Front suggest that the vehicles in question are being returned to the workshops for redesign and upgrading.

Designer is betwixed and between with the bmps.

Objective 1 To manufacture improved bmp files.

Objective 2 To distinguish the bmps clearly.

Obstacle. Wespe and Marder III share a common top and rear bmp.

Success in distinguishing the Wespe and Marder side bmps

Failure. Most notably ....the Wespe has a “clean” side bmp( Success), the Marder III has its armour plates held together by rivets( Success)

Rivets are required on the rear bmp for the Marder III , but not the Wespe.

Resolution for stock “rear bmp” also seems to be fuzzy.

This means that the Wespe may look “odd” when viewed from the rear as it will have rivets on the bmp....but none on the side. Work around may be possible- new information on hand...and the “light bulb” has just turned on smile.gif

Search of a new camouflage scheme also starting...initial results have been favourable.

Production delayed due to time and lack of manpower.

Manufacturing assets also in need of major upgrade.....investments with a lead time of 2-3 months being decided on .

Thank you for you interest.

Regards

Måkjager

I am both sorry and pleased to say that the sign-up for "Team Rumble II: Rumble in the Ardennes" is now CLOSED. Sign-up has exceeded my expectations, and I now need to go back and increase the size of the opposing forces to give everyone unit(s) to play with.

MrSpkr, I don't know if I've gotten e-mail from you, but if not, please send a subscription e-mail and you will still be let in.

Everybody else, I'll still accept replacement requests (you'll be put on a waiting list to replace the inevitable drop-outs).

This one's going to be big!

Thanks everyone, we'll get started soon! Please be patient while I finalize everything.

Gordon