Croc fuel trailers

A question for those in the know and those who love to speculate...

Is the fuel trailer for Crocs (Sherman and Churchill) modeled? I'm not talking about the graphical representation, but the actual armor specs.

IOW, if you were to shoot at a croc from directly behind, would the computer calculate the fuel trailer or the rear of the tank when computing armor penetration?

Well, it was a dull day, so I tested this out, using 8 church crocs facing away from 4 37mm flak guns and 4 pak38s. I didn't get any trailer hits, but because the croc's rear armor is only 50mm, most of the tanks were knocked out on the first or second round anyway. So I would say that no, the trailer isn't modeled.

It seems BTS modeled that with giving the Sherman Crocodile a bigger silhuette.

That is probably the best they could do, since the hit probability seems to be determined only by a single size value, the main silhuette setting, which is used for side shots as well.

Certainly there is no modeling of the thin armour which penetration would lead to the loss of the flame capability.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redwolf:

It seems BTS modeled that with giving the Sherman Crocodile a bigger silhuette.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was there a Sherman Crocodile (that is a trailer with flame fuel towed by a flame gun equipped Sherman) developed and deployed for combat ?

Where was it used ?

Kingfish,

Did you reckon that by putting your croc's trailer in front of the your advancing tank (in our PBEM) might have bamboozled my gunners? ;)

Regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

----------------------------

"Sorry my fine public servants, but I haven't enough of this nectar to pass about willy-nilly." [Comment to policemen who'd pulled him over on suspicion of drunk driving]

-- Attributed to actor W. C. Fields

Originally posted by WineCape:

[QB]Kingfish,

Did you reckon that by putting your croc's trailer in front of the your advancing tank (in our PBEM) might have bamboozled my gunners? ;)

Regards,

Charl Theron

Not when I offer you such a sweet side shot like I stupidly did. :mad:

BTW, they aren't crocs in our game, but Mark VIIIs. The game I had with a croc was a QB against the AI. I managed to sneak a Stug behind it, only to watch it blow off a track before the croc lit up my Stug. Looking from behind I could not see how the AP shot missed the trailer but hit the track.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Not when I offer you such a sweet side shot like I stupidly did. :mad:

BTW, they aren't crocs in our game, but Mark VIIIs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame on my scouts for ID'ing wrongly, again! They had to much of the stashed wine in the French village I suppose.