Will the Japanese be in CM2?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> 8 August,

Japan tries to persuade the Soviets to mediate surrender negotiations. Molotov cancel's the meeting, then The Soviet Union declares war on Japan. Soviet forces invade Manchuria and North-Korea. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schutzstaffel:

So i hope BTS will think about this...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fuggeddabouit.

"We're hoping to include Germans, Soviets, Poles,Finns, Hungarians, Romanians, Italians, and Partisans."

That was Charles in the latest interview. No mention of Japanese.

Read up on the Nahomman Incident in 1939.

The up to then invincible Japanese Army was crushed by a determined, well equiped and well led modern Soviet Force.

This battle, routinely ignored by the west, had several important implications that affected WW2.

1. The Japanese were convinced they could not fight Russia and survive, much less win.

Thus, the conquest of Manchuria was the end of the push north and west. SE Asia and Oceania was the only avenue to expansion to them.

2. Basic Soviet doctrine was inherently proved correct in this battle. Zhukov proved his points there, and built upon them to defeat the Germans.

3. The crushing defeat of the Japanese forces allowed the non-agression pact with Japan backed up by Japanese fear. This allowed both the USSR and Japan to essentially ignore their back doors while fighting their real wars; Soviet Expansion into Central Europe (with a German invasion thrown in to screw everything up) and Japanese expansion into SE Asia and the Pacific.

CM in the Pacific would be bit boring, I have to admit. The Japanese Army was poorly equipped, and its doctines were Medieval.

And both of its real enemies were technological and industrial giants.

In the Pacific, the Stuart Tank was the Panther, and the Sherman was the King Tiger.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wilhammer:

CM in the Pacific would be bit boring, I have to admit. The Japanese Army was poorly equipped, and its doctines were Medieval.

And both of its real enemies were technological and industrial giants.

In the Pacific, the Stuart Tank was the Panther, and the Sherman was the King Tiger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One man's pile of trash is another man's pot of gold. Pacific fighting would simply be more focused on infantry fighting where tanks take a back seat. People who love huge tank battles would probably be bored to tears. People who love infantry combat would find the fighting in the Pacific and CBI to be an excellent diversion from your endless parade of Panthers and Tigers vs (fill in the blank)

got to give it to shutzstaffel guys, hes right it would be cool kicking japanese ass! especially when they are retreating back!

ever watch the old ww2 movies with john wayne fighting in IWO and Guadal, the small japanese tanks, he he they get taken out by browning 50 Cal. or a grenade, he he! smile.gif i like the idea? think of a stalin 3 chasing a

Type 97 Tankette. just like in the old CC games! you know what i'm talkin about shutzstaffel remember CC4, CC3 in MSN Zone! its me and i'm a cmboholic! i have t-shirts, hats the game, cm2 connections aka maddmatt,shermy! ahh can't wait can you guys?