@#@$$%$ train tracks...

I trust that there will be CMMOS compatible options for all four seasons and the appropriate foliage for the particular region in which the battle is fought.

Also don't forget that towards the end of the war they didn't have the time to maintain the tracks to the correct standard, so there must be a gradual shading of rust proportionate to the period.

Finally there must be fewer dead rodents and other fauna by the tracks during the winter months as most of them will obviously be in hibernation.

Is it done yet?

And don't forget double track versus single track. And can we have French and German versions (different signals, mile-posts, different gauges?), and an English version (drive on the left and definitely narrower gauge) would be great for hypothetical Sealion scenarios).

And clean versus muddy. Gotta have clean versus muddy. :D

Gordon

Sorry, couldn't resist playing "modslut". smile.gif

Track gauges are exactly the same in Britain, France, Germany, and indeed, most of the rest of the world. Exceptions are parts of Spain and Russia, amongst others.

What is different though is what is called the "loading gauge", which is mainly determined by the size of tunnels and how far the platform edges stick out.

See this link for a good (modern day) comparison:

http://www.crowsnest.co.uk/gauge.htm

Still waiting for a train mod...

bFamily, I *could* have done that, but the original I'm working in is 1024x1024 and the 128x128 makes it kind of hard to line up.

I'm also making the gauge narrower than the stock one.

If I had paid more attention to where the tracks lead it would have come out better also.

Plus I like whining. ;)

Gyrene

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Gyrene ]</p>

The Ginko supplement must be kicking in. I took a hint from bfamily33's post and things will go a lot smoother now.

Make the vertical track, use that to make the diagonal track, then use both as underlying templates for the curved tracks. What a concept!

Back to work.

Gyrene

Hey guys:

I failed to tell Gyrene I tried many months ago to do the exact same thing (Lo-Res to Hi-Res tracks) and failed miserably! Hence I stayed with lo-res. I suspect Gyrene's has more patience and will get his mod done. However, his moaning will likely continue as this is a really tough mod.

Having done that Tiger tank in camo, I can tell you it's easier to line up camo than those damn rails. I bet Gyrene goes cross eyed before this mod is done.

Anyway, GREEN's probably got some Irish in his blood and they certainly knew how to drop steel in this country. :D

Now don't tell Gyrene any of this. He's got to get pluggin on the chaingang.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]</p>