New goodies at DFDR (Molek, Maximus, Aussiejeff & more!)

First we'll have a look at the Brit desert-schemed M7 by Gordon Molek worked up from the basic Bergman model. He's also made the American variant. Available and ModManager comliant! Very nice.

View?u=1567327&a=11906199&p=48031964&Sequence=0

And now another look at AussieJeff's total Allied vehicle and field gun package. It's up and ready for consumption. sweeet.

View?u=1567327&a=11906199&p=47899230&Sequence=0

Now a peek at Max's Brit infantry & airborne uniforms which should be available this afternoon (if our server calms down). Good Work!

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=47703022&Sequence=0

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=47703023&Sequence=0

And last, the Storch recon photo of the freshly uploaded Commando Skorzeny CS-Sheep's Clothing scenario (and mod).

View?u=1567327&a=11906199&p=48031963&Sequence=0

More to come...

Gordon's Priest is mostly his own.

From what I glimpsed during testing, it's only the gun part which is from Mike Duplessis' outstanding Guns Pack (Do the Axis BTW Plz!!!) and the hull which is the standard Sherman from Marco's Bag of Many Things.

Flash Gordon Molek is so widely recognized for his paint jobs on Marco's MODs that it's only natural that his first ever HiRes MOD should be considered a simple repainting.

That's really good Gordon, impressive...

Yes, I work my wrists to tendonitis/carpal tunnel syndrome and I still get no credit. :rolleyes:

This (along with all the other versions which will eventually be available on CMHQ) was in fact my first ever hi res mod. smile.gif The readme details which parts I did borrow from other mods, which includes Mike's Allied field guns (for the howitzer barrel) and the suspension, 3-piece nose and various "kit" from Marco's mods.

I am honored that it passes muster enough to be confused with a Marco mod, but I'm sure Marco is mortified. :eek: :D

Gordon

Sorry about that Gordon, I was basing my comment on the earlier DFDR stuff you've sent as well as the readme. i.e. "Based on the BTS originals, with significant texture borrowing from various mods by Marco Bergman (e.g. suspension, 3 piece nose, various tarps, kit and tools)"

Didn't mean to offend.

Clubfoot,

No offense taken. smile.gif Like I said, it's an honor to be considered even close to Marco's league.

Wolfe,

I'm not sure my wrists can handle another hi-res mod, but we'll see how my wrists feel after a week or so. No promises though. tongue.gif

Gordon

BTW, just a quick tip here for those of you interested in using my DFDR camo mods........

They will definitely blend in best with the "Tunisian Terrain" tilesets, as that is the background I designed them for (ie: see Gordon Molek's great mod pic at the top which actually shows the Tunisian tileset). You can see that there is a big contrast between the DFDR mods I created and the lighter colored terrain in the units photo underneath that one (by Clubfoot)......however, load up the Tunisian Terrain tilesets available at the www.DFDR.net site and my mods will almost disappear into the background!!!

The background terrain color really has a major impact on how good any of these camo mods look in the game!!

Cheers,

AussieJeff

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Heh,

There's always another better mod coming along - I guess over time we will just continually update the schemes........

Good thing BTS made CM with an open texture architecture and not locked like some game developers!!

Microsoft learnt that lesson well with Flight Sim and Combat FS which both allow extensive re-modelling, re-skinning, new scenarios etc etc.....it's the only way to ensure widespread game support IMHO.

Cheers for now,

AussieJeff

:D