COMBAT MISSIONS: Bad news for all those who have already d/l'ed Tigers PzIV!

Manx

He's updated it already! biggrin.gif

"Added some additional detailing to the side turrent schurtzen (white cross); detailed rear hull bmp; inked in a numer of the lines on the hull top, inked in the turrent top lines a little bit; increased lightness in the recessed shadowed area of the hull mg".

JohnS (Tiger)

Sorry but you will have to download again. New version (with new screenshot) is now ready to d/l (1.4 MB) at COMBAT MISSIONS.

Perfection never comes cheap!

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS - Resources For Combat Mission

Originally posted by M. Bates:

*Bump*

Downloading the same mod twice over and over and over again is getting annoying! There must be a better system of mod production that can be used.

Perhaps Tiger shouldn't bother to release mods at all, or improve on them if he feels something's not right. Or, perhaps i should take days and days to get them up on the site just in case a mod might need altering, when news that the mod has been sent to me has already been put up on the forum and everyones asking when it will be up.

So what you do want?.

------------------

Please keep doing the great job you have been doing. If a mod keeps getting better, there is nothing to compalain about.

M.Bates has some growing to do...and maybe some 'pologizin' . A simple thank you would have sufficed master M.Bates.

After all, these are "free" services. I have done some mods on my own and they take an inordinate amount of time. I am very appreciative of Tiger's and youru efforts ot provide great work to the community. Thanks Karl Mead

No Manx, your both doing an outstanding job and we appreciate it greatly. I think the vast majority of us realize the time and effort that goes into producing these, and getting them distributed. We also appreciate your desire to get them to us rapidly, particularly since most of us are harking for them as soon as we see them. Those who don't understand or don't appreciate those facts are few and far between.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 02-24-2001).]

Originally posted by Manx:

Perhaps Tiger shouldn't bother to release mods at all, or improve on them if he feels something's not right. Or, perhaps i should take days and days to get them up on the site just in case a mod might need altering, when news that the mod has been sent to me has already been put up on the forum and everyones asking when it will be up.

So what you do want?.

Perhaps a group of "beta testers" could be started. These testers could receive mods from mod authors or site authors, and test them out for those pink lines and accuracy. To do this the tester might well need a colour book of WW2 AFVs.

kmead:

M.Bates has some growing to do...and maybe some 'pologizin' . A simple thank you would have sufficed master M.Bates.

No need for 'pologizin', I just bumped the topic and added a comment.

I think Tiger's work is second to none and if he updates his work so be it.. He doesn't need to apologize about resubmitting his work.

Your idea of a group of beta testers M.Bates is good... It's worth thinking about if it isn't already....

Manx's website is one of the best on CM and he must be put under pressure for the release of any new Mods as well.....Everyone's dedication is sometimes taken for granted by us all..

[This message has been edited by Rupert_2 (edited 02-24-2001).]

Sorry but you didn't "just" add a comment Bates, you stated how annoying it was that you had to keep downloading improvements. Which implies that Tiger or Manx are somehow causing "you" problems. You might have offered in your comment how appreciative you were to have the mod in the first place, for free, at the cost of "their" labors. I mean, I don't mean to crack on ya hard, but common bud, they are doing us all a great favor here.

At any rate, I personally don't believe that there are that many instances where a quick revision is initiated to cause it to be a problem. I think the monster mods like Marco is doing are already being sent to testers prior to release, but the single releases aren't all that complicated where they require a team inspection IMO. I'd just turn it around and ask; "What's the big deal about downloading a minor mod fix of a meg or two, a day or two later?" Since your the only voice that feels it's a problem, then you should probably wait a few days after a release to see if it will be followed by any improvements. Then, the rest of us can go ahead and download them without any delays which is what we want, and you won't have to download it twice, which is what you want. Problem solved! smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Sorry but you didn't "just" add a comment Bates, you stated how annoying it was that you had to keep downloading improvements. Which implies that Tiger or Manx are somehow causing "you" problems. You might have offered in your comment how appreciative you were to have the mod in the first place, for free, at the cost of "their" labors. I mean, I don't mean to crack on ya hard, but common bud, they are doing us all a great favor here.

At any rate, I personally don't believe that there are that many instances where a quick revision is initiated to cause it to be a problem. I think the monster mods like Marco is doing are already being sent to testers prior to release, but the single releases aren't all that complicated where they require a team inspection IMO. I'd just turn it around and ask; "What's the big deal about downloading a minor mod fix of a meg or two, a day or two later?" Since your the only voice that feels it's a problem, then you should probably wait a few days after a release to see if it will be followed by any improvements. Then, the rest of us can go ahead and download them without any delays which is what we want, and you won't have to download it twice, which is what you want. Problem solved! smile.gif

I think you are adding an element which does not exist. I *bumped* the topic and then added my thoughts on downloading amended mods.

It's not a problem, just an annoyance.

I'm not targeting any mod author in particular.

Alright Bates, that was just how I took it. Couple others did also. But I guess you didn't mean it that way. No biggie. Like I say though, I think Marcus and them are using beta previewers, but I sure wouldn't want to see some mod release committee or something come into being. Wind up like the guvment and completely hose everthing up. I'm waiting now on the full release of the Sherman mods on account of not wanting to mess with the plain pack bmps writing over the old bat files. I was just glad Tiger jumped on this and put out a fast enhancement. He done good.

------------------

Hey, Tiger. How about turning your considerable talents toward modding the Greyhound? I like using 'em, but the stock one's now look out of place amongst all the other modded vehicles on the battlefield.

Or has someone else already done this and I missed it somehow?

------------------

expert \'ek-,spert'\ n : someone who knows more and more about less and less until eventually they know everything about nothing

When Tiger posts a mod to me i have to take it that it is finished. If later he sends me a revision of the mod, he always apologizes for the inconvenience this has caused.

I'm perfectly happy to redo the page and upload the mod again and i try to do that ASAP so not too many people are affected. From when i received that updated mod last night i took me 15 minutes to get the new files up - 5 mins to receive Tigers e-mail, 5 min to redo the page, take a new screenshot, alter the links and finally 5 mins to upload.

So what if you have to d/l a measly 1.4 MB again - it doesn't take long, you can go and do something else while it's downloading and considering that we are getting something that adds more to what is all ready a great game, i don't reckon anyone has any grounds to complain.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 02-24-2001).]

It's very nice mod, but camo pattern repeats itself too much IMO. Just look at brown dots on side skirts all in perfect order with same distances from eachother. Well maybe this is how it should be..i dont know. But im still using Tiger previous PzKw-IV.

Hey,

"Always with them negative waves."

Tiger produces mods at a blitzkrieg pace. Hands down, he's given us more mods than most of us modders combined! If the man want's to revise his mods, its to our advantage. That shows dedication. Tiger keep cranking man.

"Have a little faith baby." biggrin.gif

Very nice. After seeing the picture I'll be downloading it. Man, this mod thing is fun. I bet I have the best looking vehicles around. It has increased the hours and hours, weeks and weeks, months and months of enjoyment that I'm getting from this game. I personally can not tell all of you mod makers how sincerely appreicative I am. I was just about ready to find another game and get away from CM when I discovered Mods. Actually, I did order another game and got it in but it's still in the box and will probably stay for awhile. I'm just not interested in any else except CM, thanks to Tiger and guys like him. Tiger, if you want to improve a mod, I thank you and under no circumstances feel it's a bother. Hot Damn, please keep them coming. Oh yes, my wife says thanks alot too. ( I don't think she means it however, HA! HA!)