Survey for the BB about all encompassing CM

Ok I just got this idea from our posting in Colonel Deadmarsh's thread about CMBO becomming obsolete here is the question that Iam posing:

Do any of you guys here think it would be viable, possible and/or profitable for BTS to make an all encompassing Combat Mission after having done all the Theaters that they are going to do and having worked out the snags and grog bitching for each?

Mord.

I have the same exact idea. Personally I am not sure if it would be profitable to make such a beast. Personally I would love it and I would buy it.

But if this would be made I would like to have the ability to have the Soviets fight the Brits\Americans smile.gif

Gen

I think even making a new version, say half a year after CM2 release, including both CM1 and CM2, would be viable.

Of course the combined version would use the new engine, so that we who already have CM1 and 2 will get that little extra.

Has the concept been used before? Heck yes! But if it works, why not benefit from it?

I certainly would if I had the chance. smile.gif

I don't think it would be too hard to make an all-encompassing CM after CM4 (Early War) comes out. Just plug in the various pieces, maybe add a few bonus vehicles or features to justify buying basically four games that everyone's already bought anyways. I think someone mentioned something in the past about BTS updating CMBO and CMBB to CMII standards anyways..

But.. we'll see.. I for one would like the option of pitting T-36/85s against Pershings.

I am talking new engine new everything. All that is learned and gleaned after all games have been released with plenty of hindsite thrown in.

I am talking something along the lines of how SPWAW is as far as having all units and terrain types.

Can it even be done? Seeing that each theater poses it's own problems to be solved,

having been solved, could the engine be written to function with all the little idiosyncrasies of each. Or would it be too unwiedly? Be great though if it could be done.

Mord

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Mord ]

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Mord ]