The Russian T-44 in CM:BB

Will the Russian T-44 be included? I just saw a picture of one at THE RUSSIAN BATTLEFIELD website under Medium Tanks, and it looks real cool. Sort of ahead of it's time, cool. (Even looks like an American M-60 tank.) Says it came out in '44.

What was this tank all about? Did it have limited production? Was it a failure of a tank? It looks like it has a low shilouette, plus sloped turret. Should be a hard piece to hit . . .

Curious as all heck.

Thanks,

Gpig

Very limited production. Although probably more were produced than the Puma varient.

Just say no.

It was an attempt by the Russian to build an upamored T-34. But was cancelled in favor of an up-gunned T-34, The T-34-85.

Just say no to the T-44 BTS. It will throw off the entire feel of eastern front battles.

In that same site I found this page http://history.vif2.ru/t44.html

and it gives a lot more information about this tank. I was not familiar with it previously and found the details very interesting.

In brief it states that less than 1000 were produced and it did not participate in battle due to the lack of acceptance of a new tank by the army. This strikes me as odd but I'll accept that until I find out something to the contrary. I would presume that it would not be modeled in CM:BB due to the lack of combat experience but I am just guessing.

It certainly looks cool and while it was basically experimental, it was the prototype for the T-54 and later models so the efforts to produce the line definitely was not wasted. The page has lots of pictures of the tank including several of the variations of weaponry such as the 100 and 122mm guns.

Boy I can't wait for CM:BB!!!!

The Soviets originally planned to produce a T-34/100, but the turret size of the T-34/85 made it impossible. Even though the design itself was revolutionary with a low height, heavy armament, thick armor plates and the new transmission design, early machines proved to be unreliable due to its rushed development. The T-44 was a 35-ton medium tank, armed with the 85mm L/53 gun used on the T-34/85 and SU-85. Production began in August 1944 with 25 T-44s built by late 1944, and a further 880 were built in 1945. It saw limited action against German forces.

View?u=1304366&a=9680208&p=52770609

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: Snake Eyes ]

Some interesting information guys , but I would rather see the M3 Lee tank for Kursk battles than the T-44 which was a very rare bird indeed.

Besides with the new Purchase Point Rarity Option in CMBB even if it is going to be in the game they will probably to expensive to buy I would think.

Check out pg. 20 in Septembers issue of PC Gamer. ;)

Heya Guys,

Keep in mind that the one of the main reasons we *may* see the SturmTiger and IS-3 in CMBB is becuase the textures are already done, which saves us a lot of time.

As for the T-44 I guess all I can say there at the moment is that we *may* see it. These things havnt been finalised yet, but the vehicle lists are huge. smile.gif

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Heya Guys,

Keep in mind that the one of the main reasons we *may* see the SturmTiger and IS-3 in CMBB is becuase the textures are already done, which saves us a lot of time.

As for the T-44 I guess all I can say there at the moment is that we *may* see it. These things havnt been finalised yet, but the vehicle lists are huge. smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but this begs the question: How BIG is it? Last count was something like 300. I personally want to know what Red Army tanks and vechicle will be in but I guess you can't really say since nothing finalized yet.

Commissar your right there, youll have to wait for Steve to comment on that one as nothing yet is finalised and I dont want to put my foot in it smile.gif. I think you guys are going to be very happy with the selection of vehicles available in CM2 though.

I can tell you guys that almost all of the models are complete now, which is great.

Dan

...I think you guys are going to be very happy with the selection of vehicles available in CM2 though.

I can tell you guys that almost all of the models are complete now, which is great.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sneak peaks of CMBB which you guys have revealed so far are stunning!!

I'm really looking forward to learning what makes the final cut. Has the BTS team set a date when the list will/must be finalized?

KwazyDog,

If you can tell me (us) are the BT series tank models done yet? If so can you show me (us) some shots or just the regular un-rendered shots? BTW, what program you use Kwazy? I statred using Lightwave 6.5 myself and it's damn powerfull. I've done simple work so far. I made a manaquin, and got him to move (animated it). I am building a Tiger tank too. Anyway, so how about it Kwazy? Thanx in Advance!

Those are my favorite soviet tanks of the entire war.

Fast tanks with decent protection for it's time and a good armement for it's time (45mm gun).

Snake Eyes, no firm date as such, but we do have a prioritised list that we are through. All is going well. smile.gif

Rommel, we are using 3D Max currently for modelling, and I think it is what we will be using for some time to come as it is well suited to the gaming industry. Yup, the BT-7 series are done and I think due to their speed they will prove to be very interesting in CMBB indeed. If I recall correctly you can see one in a render over at CMHQ, though I could be wrong smile.gif

Dan

Snake Eyes, no firm date as such, but we do have a prioritised list that we are through. All is going well. smile.gif

Rommel, we are using 3D Max currently for modelling, and I think it is what we will be using for some time to come as it is well suited to the gaming industry. Yup, the BT-7 series are done and I think due to their speed they will prove to be very interesting in CMBB indeed. If I recall correctly you can see one in a render over at CMHQ, though I could be wrong smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Dan, the ultimate test of how extensive the vehicle list is would be if the Pz Sfl V is included ;) . When the VK3001 heavy tank project was cancelled two of the prototypes were converted into a heavy panzer jaeger mounting a 128mm K40 L/61 in a sort of a Marder type mounting.

I was also rather hoping to see the Funklenk B IV (radio controlled demolition vehicle) and the Borgward B IV (a modified Funklenk) Panzerjager with six Panzershreks mounted for rapid surprise attacks in the streets of Berlin. Finally, no game covering the Eastern Front would be complete without the Raupenschlepper Ost tracked heavy truck.

There were also a few Polizeisondershutzwagon 1921 (Sdkfz 3) that were used in Berlin (after being taken out of a museum and being refurbished) along with two Panzerspahwagon L2H43 which were parked outside Hitler's bunker. They were a Dutch design from 1933 and only three were ever built (one of which had no armament). You just can't recreate the attack on Hitler's bunker without those two vehicles in the game :eek: . Perhaps we could even have a Hitler unit - sort of like a platoon commander, but with a greater tendency to flee from combat. ;)

All jesting aside though, I do hope the T44 is included. :cool: I just wanted to give Dan a hard time.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ASL Veteran:

Perhaps we could even have a Hitler unit - sort of like a platoon commander, but with a greater tendency to flee from combat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, if he is routed, he will just become a KIA instead of fleeing (self inflicted of course).