MOD's that don't exist, a list.

OKAY, I've found the problem with the PSW 234/1 turret.

The BMP is NOT contained in the ARMORED CAR mod!

It IS contained in the GERMAN HALFTRACK mod, found HERE:

http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

YOU MUST USE THE GERMAN SIDE OF THIS WEBPAGE TO D/LOAD! For some reason the INTERNATIONAL page does not seem to work for d/loads!

UNFORTUNATELY, I am unable to isolate the exact BMP's that make up the turret, as there are 2 similiar turrets (one for the psw 234/1 and one for a halftrack)

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy...

Fear and Bullets."

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 02-05-2001).]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subvet, I can't even remember releasing those AC mods, though they are mine. You'll have to download my german half-track mods from Tom's Combat HQ to have all the proper textures for the 20mm turrent. I may redo these ACs in the future though.

~Tiger~

Ok, the .bmp files you need from the halftrack mod to make the PSW 234/1 turret look correct are 4250-4254. I just hope they didn't screw up something else now, lol.

Anyway, thanks guys for helping me out on this.

Added: Ok, I checked everything out and that did the trick. What's weird is that the PSW 234/1 turret .bmp files (4250-4254) are not used on the halftrack. They look exactly the same in shape, but use different numbers for the .bmp files. So in other words you can have your halftrack turret one camo type and your PSW 234/1 another and they don't conflict. I wonder how the heck the files ended up in the wrong zip files. Wierd.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

[This message has been edited by Subvet (edited 02-05-2001).]

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Ok then, New List:

Achilles

Archer

Challenger

Comet

Allied Guns

Marder II

Universal Carrier

Humber II

And the three Sd Kfz 7 models too!

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

Thanks for figuring our exactly which files were used/missing Subvet!

As soon as MadMatt posts Tiger's new AA gun files, in the year 2004, we SHOULD have a pretty complete German set of 3rd party mods.

EDIT: OOOPS forgot the Marder II, and a couple others... nevermind!

New NEW list:

SD KFZ 7

Achilles

Archer

Challenger

Comet

Allied Guns

Marder II

Universal Carrier

Humber II

------------------

Fear and Bullets."

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 02-05-2001).]

I'd really like to see a few more winter mods from some of the talent out there. Wish I could remember exactly which models of Allied TD are NOT done (M-10 is done) but I recall playing a winter operation recently with some of the TD models not winterized. Tiger? Anyone???

You can find the Marder II here

http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

------------------

"Weisung Nr. 1

für die Kriegführung.

1.) Nachdem alle politischen Möglichkeiten erschöpft sind, um auf frielichem Wege eine für Deutschland unerträgliche Lage an seiner Ostgrenze zu beseitigen, habe ich mich zur gewaltsamen Lösung entschlossen."

Adolf Hitler

Yeah, I actually have two mods for the Marder II. Both by Tiger. The colors are a bit different, but I like both equally as well.

------------------

Craig

I went through all my CM vehicles to see which ones I don't have and can't find a mod for anywhere. Here is my list:

1. German Sd Kfz 7 (3 types) - have winter but not regular

2. M3A1 Scout Car - need both winter and regular

3. American Jeeps - need both

4. American Truck - need both

5. M7 (and M7B1) Priest - need both

6. Crocodile trailer - need winter

7. M18 Hellcat - need winter

8. M24 Chaffee - need winter

9. Humber SC - need both

10. White Scout Car - need both

11. Brit Jeep - need both

12. Achilles - need regular

13. Archer - need regular

14. Daimler AC - need winter

15. Brit Truck - need winter

16. Kangaroo - need winter

17. Centaur IV - need winter

18. Cromwell (all versions) - need winter

19. Churchill (all versions) - need winter

20. Sexton - need winter

21. Challenger - need winter

22. Comet - need winter

A few of these mods were done, but they are no longer available (like the winter M24 Chaffee from Tiger). Either the link to them is no longer valid or the site they were on no longer has them. If anyone has any of the above please let me know. It's amazing, but every other vehicle in the game I have a mod for, so that is not a big list at all!

------------------

Craig

[This message has been edited by Subvet (edited 02-06-2001).]

Okay, I went through ALL of mine again... and I gotta say they mesh well with Subvets, except I also need:

Regular Challenger

Regular Comet

Winter Hetzer (needed BADLY! Mine has foliage!!!)

Winter Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger

Some help here? Subvet?

------------------

Fear and Bullets."

"They didn't want to come... but I told em, by jeepers, it was an order."

Ok...I have definitly have the Hetzer, Jagdpanzer and Jagdpanther winter mods (I have been doing some house (mod) cleaning). Ok, lets see if I can find were I got them...The Jagdpanther is by Fernando J. Carrera Buil. I think I got this at the CMHQ, try under winter camo german tanks. It is very nice.

URL is: http://combathq.thegamers.net/

Hetzer is from MDMP-1 at : http://combathq.thegamers.net/

And the Jagdpanzer...this is harder to find, but it is at the CMHQ, and its under 3rd party mods and is then under Madmatt's Mod Guide section. There is LOTS of stuff there, but you will need to download the "Winter set of just about every german vehicle and gun inthe game!" mod.

again it can be found at: http://combathq.thegamers.net/

Hehe. I just realized maximus made has made the only Jagdtiger winter mod! I think I will check it out. It looks quite nice from the the site.

I also have a Marder II winter mod as well,I believe its from the the same place where the jagdpanzer is found.

Good luck mod hunting. Find me something good smile.gif

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Okay, I went through ALL of mine again... and I gotta say they mesh well with Subvets, except I also need:

Regular Challenger

Regular Comet

Winter Hetzer (needed BADLY! Mine has foliage!!!)

Winter Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger

Some help here? Subvet?

Ok here goes:

Winter Jagdtiger and Jagdpanther are at CMHQ - http://combathq.thegamers.net/mods/wintergermantanks.asp

The regular Challenger and Comet are also at CMHQ as part of Tigers weathered British vehicle pack - http://combathq.thegamers.net/mods/alliedtanks2.asp

Winter Hetzer is at... you guess it, CMHQ. This one could be a bit problematic though, as it is contained in Mad Dog Mod Pack #1. If you download it to get the Hetzer only then make sure you only intall the .bmp files from that pack that you need for the Hetzer! Otherwise you'll overwrite everything else you have with what's in that pack as well. There is a list of what .bmp files go to what in the game floating around somewhere.

Edit: Ha, now I see Freak already answered the questions. His answer didn't show up before I started to answer the question (I had to do something which delayed me finishing mine and posting them). Oh well, now the questions have been really answered! biggrin.gif

------------------

Craig

Originally posted by Lordfluffers:

I dont think the unioversal carrier needs to be modded. It looks pretty good as it is.

I've modded the carrier in low res, and it does stand up pretty well in this condition. I've changed the colour from Mickey Mouse camo to a brown/drab to match actual restorations I've seen, plus tactical markings. The brown stands out a bit better amongst the greens of the terrain also, which makes them easier to see when giving orders.

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Here is the universal carrier I have:

27397963.jpg

I like it, and it goes good with the Daimler AC I have.

------------------

Craig

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

There's a lo-res jeep on my site - brown, with the bridging disc replacing one of the headlights in Commonwealth fashion - see the armour page.

Hey thanks for the link. Now I have a new entry in my Combat Mission favorites folder smile.gif

I'm no expert on the Brit jeeps of WW2, so I'm just asking because I'm curious. Was this brown color the norm for Brit jeeps in this theatre? Also, what is a bridging disc and why were they used in place of the headlight?

It's a bummer that they use the same .bmp files for both the British and American jeeps. The British and American trucks are different, but not the jeeps frown.gif I'd like to be able to use yours for the British and an olive drab one for the Americans. I guess I could set up a batch file, but those are a pain in the ass. Is there any way to make both versions look the same but both be correct? A "universal" color of sorts?

Thanks for the help guys!

(Don't know if I want to d/load the the MDMP1 for the Hetzer... perhaps I'll try and make my own...)

I'd also like to see a "universal" Mod for jeeps.

Finally, where did the mickey mouse universal carrier come from? I like the borwn one, but I want to compare with the mickey.

------------------

Fear and Bullets."

"They didn't want to come... but I told em, by jeepers, it was an order."