The following MODS are needed! (by me)

I just checked EVERY vehicle in CM, and found that I do not have MODS for the following vehicles:

Marder III

Jagtiger

Wespe

Achilles

Axis Armored Cars

Axis Halftracks

Challenger

Comet

Pershings

Jumbos

Archer

Do any of these exist somewhere?

Also, are there any SHERMAN mods out there with backpacks, etc on/around the turret?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

I just checked EVERY vehicle in CM, and found that I do not have MODS for the following vehicles:

Marder III

Jagtiger

Wespe

Achilles

Axis Armored Cars

Axis Halftracks

Challenger

Comet

Pershings

Jumbos

Archer

Do any of these exist somewhere?

Also, are there any SHERMAN mods out there with backpacks, etc on/around the turret?

Thanks!

Axis halftracks I just saw last night - I think at CMHQ, actually. Do you mean Allied halftracks, perhaps?

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

OK,

The Mad Dog Mod Pack 2 has a nice Hi-Res JgTiger.

Tiger did a Marder III and Wespe Mod. Also available on CMHQ.

Fernando did nice Hi-Res versions of both German Halftrack types. Again both are available on CMHQ. Tiger also did the Axis HTs too.

Tiger did a Jumbo, but Marco is working on the Hi-Res Jumbos now.

Bet you don't have an assault boat mod. My alunimum skiff mod should be on CMHQ in awhile.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Thanks guys!

Keep 'em coming! I will check back again when I get home from work, and then set out on a d/load fest for the night!

P.S. there is ALSO no jeep MOD that I have found... but the Jeep that comes with the game looks fine. The only Kubelwagen I have found is my own so far... which is fine with me. wink.gif

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Thanks guys!

Keep 'em coming! I will check back again when I get home from work, and then set out on a d/load fest for the night!

P.S. there is ALSO no jeep MOD that I have found... but the Jeep that comes with the game looks fine. The only Kubelwagen I have found is my own so far... which is fine with me. wink.gif

Check my site for a jeep mod. It is brown, not green, and has a dirty windhshield. I've been too busy on other things to give it the high res makeover it deserves. It also has the Commonwealth bridging disc over the headlight - won't look right if you play American with it.

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

The M26 Pershing is being worked on this weekend. (Leastways, I've finally smoothed out the road wheels and other blocky areas in my existing hi-res conversion.) I think I'll leave it to Maximus or whoever else to do a winterized version of the end result, though.

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

Hmmmm. The .bmp files seem to be corrupted

I need to get off my freeserver and put it onto a decent one. GRRRRRRR - by the way, Shadow, I added a page just for you -

http://members.home.net/canuckmain/cmus.htm

I'm at work, but the stuff seems to download fine. What do you mean by corrupted? Or are you using a Mac? I'm a near-luddite when it comes to hardware...

[This message has been edited by Michael Dorosh (edited 01-26-2001).]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I need to get off my freeserver and put it onto a decent one. GRRRRRRR - by the way, Shadow, I added a page just for you -

http://members.home.net/canuckmain/cmus.htm

I'm at work, but the stuff seems to download fine. What do you mean by corrupted? Or are you using a Mac? I'm a near-luddite when it comes to hardware...

I'm in a mac, but either way, it says that it's courrupted. It's all about the 1st Hussars smile.gif You get Shadow's modder of the month award.

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

shadow@jagdtiger.de

[This message has been edited by Shadow 1st Hussars (edited 01-26-2001).]

We also need mods of the Britsh armored cars and carriers. I think there is a Mickey Mouse camo version of one of them, but it would be nice to have hi-res versions.

Mr. Clark, can you post a link to your Kubelwagen. I remember seeing it, bottle of wine and all, but I don't remember if you offered it for download.

Ye Gods but that squadron insignia on the turrets is bright!

Well, it does have the advantage of being easily downloaded and used with the low res Shermans you get included with CM.

Personally, I like the upside down stars better - shows people we're not 'mericans.

(btw - does this mean the files aren't corrupted? I don't see a jeep.)

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

the jeep is the only one i'm having troubles with.

I hope someone redoes the Sexton and gets rid of the red/white/red recognition flash. It was common in Italy, but not NWE. The Canadian Sextons I've seen had the star or crooked star.

I know that some Canadian units were using Sextons in Normandy, but some of the SP troops and batteries were reissued with towed 25 pounders while on the continent too.

I'll check out the jeep files when I get home.

Here's a serious question - how many hi-res bitmaps can you put into play in Combat Mission before performance becomes an issue? I have a P500 so I'm guessing I could pretty much replace everything I want with hi-res, but I'm wondering if there are any horror stories.

I hope someone redoes the Sexton and gets rid of the red/white/red recognition flash. It was common in Italy, but not NWE. The Canadian Sextons I've seen had the star or crooked star.

I made that sexton, the star is an option. There is the red/white/red strip, an upside down star, and a blacked out star. I'm still trying to get that aireal recognition panel on right....

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

shadow@jagdtiger.de

Cool - a blacked out star is a good idea.

btw - is that also "your" Kangaroo? I like the subdued stars and I see tac markings on there - had me confused, cause I remember making Kangaroo tac markings seperately, since it is not a shared file with the Shermans (I never put it on my site, though). For a moment I was worried that it was in fact a shared file.

Michael Dorsh asked....Here's a serious question - how many hi-res bitmaps can you put into play in Combat Mission before performance becomes an issue? I have a P500 so I'm guessing I could pretty much replace everything I want with hi-res, but I'm wondering if there are any horror stories.

I don't think I have a single original texture left in the game as I see it now and I use hi-res where ever it's available. I'm running a P3 450 with a 16 meg graphics card (Voodoo Banshee). 128 megs of RAM. Recently I had begun to run into problems with choppiness in the films and lines that would jump while drawing in movement or fire. I really didn't want to cut down on tree coverage etc. Why tone down the graphics that I do so love? I figured that I would begin to upgrade but I really believe in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" theory so before I upgrade my graphics card (which seems to work well with everything I play) I decided on more RAM. I've added another 128 megs and the graphics all flow smoothly, even in large battles. For now, my problem seems to be solved. I also see many improvements in other areas (computer functions) that I wasn't expecting. I play Fighter Ace online also and it seems to have helped there too.

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

Thanks Goofy - I think you need a new handle, this one doesn't do you justice! ;)

Keeps me grounded Michael and reminds me not to take myself too seriously!

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!