Allied halftrack mods - we need 'em!

The only HT mod out there for the Allies is Magua's M3/M4 American mortar carrier mod. All other halftrack models - including US - and other nationalities remain either unmodded or have to make do with the US version which stands out like a sore thumb.

C'mon guys, make an old mod slut happy, these are very common sights on the field and anyone who can do a fix or somefink will be forever remembered. At least until CM2...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

The only HT mod out there for the Allies is Magua's M3/M4 American mortar carrier mod. All other halftrack models - including US - and other nationalities remain either unmodded or have to make do with the US version which stands out like a sore thumb.

..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? I think all the HT's have been done. I have French and Brit. versions, to include White Scout Car, that I believe Maximus and/or Peterson did. Molek has also modded all the winter versions. Now maybe one or two minor nationalities are missing but the bulk is done I think. Suggest you go check out the mod list on Manx's site for the proper links.

Certainly for the German's, Fernando has done quite a bit in three color schemes.

Ooooh you swine - you got me there smile.gif I went straight to Manx's site and I saw those very nice M3A1 Scout Cars (which I already have & which I assume you're referring to) but there's still no Halftracks that I can find.

Specifically the M5 & M5A1 Halftracks remain totally unmodded, and only a US version of the M3 and M4 variants exist. Any corrections welcome.

Guest Babra

Damned if I can remember who did 'em, but all my halftracks are modded to the max. It's the work of one of the Zen Mod Masters for sure.

And there are even winterized ones in the mdmp2 pack. Links to HT and Scout Car mods:

Manx's Combat Missions

CMHQ MDMP2

http://www.angelfire.com/ns/mocm/alliedvehicles.html

Magua's Mods at CM Outpost

HT Mods:

M3_and_M4_Allied_Halftracks_V2 - Magua

Hi-Res_M3A1_v2 - Magua

Lo-Res_M3_M4_HT_V2 - Magua

Lo-Res_M3A1_v2 - Magua

mdmp2 - MDMP Gang (winterized)

Scout Car Mods:

GEM_Camo_M3A1_hr - Molek

M3A1 US - Free French version - Peterson

M3A1 White Scout Car Commonwealth versions - Peterson

That's all the ones I know of.

- Chris

Thanks guys, I grabbed the second Mod at the site which says it's just another M3 variant but confusingly also mods the M5 without telling you as well. Sorted.

I could not find anything which allows batch file switching between nationalities but these will do nicely in the meanwhile :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Thanks guys, I grabbed the second Mod at the site which says it's just another M3 variant but confusingly also mods the M5 without telling you as well. Sorted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Those shared textures will get you every time! smile.gif The M3, M4A1 Mortar, M21 Mortar, and M5 HTs all share the same texture set. As do the M3A1 and M5A1 HT.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I could not find anything which allows batch file switching between nationalities but these will do nicely in the meanwhile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. You're right. Unless I'm not looking in the right place, I can't find any non-US HT mods either. I thought there was atleast a French version, but maybe I'm mistaken?

- Chris