You got to see this!!! It's @#$% Hilarious!!!

Guest Babra

Was it a practical joke? I mean, really, they aren't little boys. Was there an extra load in that thing or something?

According to the data, it is a very powerful cartridge, with a hell of a kick. But I also agree with the statement made that it isn't the size of the bullet, but proper placement. I have a 7mm magnum, and while not nearly in the same class (recoil wise), it does command respect. I have seen people do the same acrobatics with my rifle as shown in the movies. Proper technique eliminates this (mostly). These shooters appear to be amateurs playing. Dropping the weapon is inexcusable.

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>...four different people shooting a Hannibal rifle chambered in the .577 Tyrannosaur cartridge - 750 Grain bullet at 2,500FPS out of a 13.6 pound rifle.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I missed that bit. I wasn't laughing when I first watched the vids -- I was horrified. But that's one helluva round. It'd probably do the same to me, bein' the little F%^$r I am. :D

"These shooters appear to be amateurs"

Actually, it appears they are quite an experienced bunch, though obviously this gun and cartridge were new to them. With the loads they were using, this round has about 1500 joules of kick. It is an oversized (ridiculously overcharged and oversized, in fact) elephant gun. It probably has the kick of an anti-tank rifle. You'd prolly need a bipod and prone braced position to keep a full hold on it.

Yeah, it is a huge gun and a huge cartridge. They havel ink to a site with all the info on the gun (right above the videos).

One thing though, I think they aren't amatuers. If you take a look, it looks a testing lab of sorst. Even if they are amatuers, I don' care. The clips are funny as @#$%!!! Especially the second guy, he brakes the glass behind him and messes up his ankle!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JasonC:

"These shooters appear to be amateurs"

Actually, it appears they are quite an experienced bunch, though obviously this gun and cartridge were new to them. With the loads they were using, this round has about 1500 joules of kick. It is an oversized (ridiculously overcharged and oversized, in fact) elephant gun. It probably has the kick of an anti-tank rifle. You'd prolly need a bipod and prone braced position to keep a full hold on it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On their site it says it's a last resort for charging animals. Really really big, really really mad animals I would say.

Soldier,

.....Er, it's not that funny. I didn't laugh once. It's just some guys firing a gun. Whats funny about that? (don't go saying, "Yah, but its one overpowered gun." Because i already thought about that).

Whats so funny? I guess you have no sense of humor (no offense). The funny thing is when they fire the gun and the result!

I am still watching it and still make me laugh. I would like to try that myself!

I guess people have different tastes in comedy, I found that hilarious!

"Really really big, really really mad animals I would say"

Well, on the same site there is a hunting story from Africa. 4 man party, armed with 2 high caliber elephant guns (mid 40s caliber, magnums, one a double-barrel the other a magazine rifle), plus 1 7mm magazine rifle for long range, plus a 12 gauge shotgun, the last carried by an inexperienced fellow.

They went for a male lion. The mag elephant gun hit it once, lion disappeared over a rise. They went to look at got within 20 yards, lion lying still on the ground, they thought it was dead. Apparently there is a hunter's adage "it is the dead ones that kill you". Then someone said something, and the lion got up and charged. Having already been hit once, it was in adrenline rush, not dead. A wounded lion is a very dangerous thing indeed.

The double barreled mag elephant gun hit it twice in the chest, and it kept coming and knocked over the man who fired, and went for the original shooter behind him, and knocked him down. The now disarmed double-gun guy was pulling it by the tail trying to get it off the other fellow. The 7mm guy comes up and put 3 rounds in its rib cag from 10 yards. It didn't stop. Then the worst - the shotgun guy missed from a bad angle and killed one of the hunters.

3 elephant gun rounds and 3 regular rifle rounds, most fired under 20 yards, did not stop the critter. Oh, the wounds those shots inflicted were certainly mortal. But "die in the next hour" mortal, not "drop where it is" mortal. And that can be a life and death difference to a big game hunter.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JunoReactor:

Glad to hear that one those hunters died.

Would have been better if the lion got a couple more though.

If I could, I would send all hunters, and all offense is intended if some of you take it personally, to a deep space penal prison.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, how terrible that humans help control the animal population in order that species may be preserved from extinction. How terribly tragic.

Bruno, did you sell that lawnmower yet?

Glad to hear that one those hunters died.

Would have been better if the lion got a couple more though.

If I could, I would send all hunters, and all offense is intended if some of you take it personally, to a deep space penal prison.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do the poor innocent little lions and bears get their food hmm? The eat the wimpy creatures. And you know, those pointy teeth in our mouths aren't for grinding grass. I will take no offense from the comments of the ignorant and blind. I will merely point and laugh.

I was thinking of not answering, but hey, for you I will make an exception, because you are an exceptional case.

Did your mom talk to you about flowers and bees when you were young? Yes? Ok, she was alluding to the greater nature so that she can explain your nature to you.

Of course, her efforts were in vain, since you seem incapable of comprehending what nature is.

You do not need to hear it from me. Think before you write.

Edit: This was intended for panzerwerfer42

[ 05-13-2001: Message edited by: JunoReactor ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

I think the issue is more or less that human hunters kill for fun, not simply because it's how they survive by nature.

Not that I want to be involved in this hunter vs. anti-hunter debate. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lions could have evolved to eat grass, but they didn't. This is corny, but what would happen if we forgot all of our survival skills? What happens when all this technology gets destroyed in a war? There will be another global war, whether you like it or not. People just will not change. Perhaps we can eat silicon wafers when that happens? Let's quit this arguing before the thread is locked. It's OT anyways I suppose.

I was thinking of not answering, but hey, for you I will make an exception, because you are an exceptional case.

Did your mom talk to you about flowers and bees when you were young? Yes? Ok, she was alluding to the greater nature so that she can explain your nature to you.

Of course, her efforts were in vain, since you seem incapable of comprehending what nature is.

You do not need to hear it from me. Think before you write.

Edit: This was intended for panzerwerfer42

[ 05-13-2001: Message edited by: JunoReactor ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I spend many hours outside enjoying it which is beyond you apparently. One of the benefits of hunting is blending into nature and observing its beauty. So you obviously missed the part about the ignorant speaking of what they know nothing of. Humans role in nature is the top of the food chain, where we consume all living organisms.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

Really? I spend many hours outside enjoying it which is beyond you apparently. One of the benefits of hunting is blending into nature and observing its beauty. So you obviously missed the part about the ignorant speaking of what they know nothing of. Humans role in nature is the top of the food chain, where we consume all living organisms.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yawn.. my dad can beat yours.

....and have a good night.