Smokey says - Only you can prevent forrest fires

I'm a newbie and I was playing Chance Encounter, when what looked like a forrest fire started in the woods. I don't believe there were any flamethrowers in the scenario. Are forrest fires common in firefights between infantry squads? Oh yeah, there was one bazooka squad involved too. :confused:

Yeah the zook fired. It was a, pardon the pun, heated exchange, between one US rifle squad, one US zook and one German Infantry? that snuck up behind us in the woods.

A learning experience for me. I was too eager to get into the woods and stop the advance on the other side of the hill.

That reminds me of my most memorable kill yet: a 20mm knocked out a Super Pershing.

First, the 20mm got a track hit on the Pershing, immobilizing it. Them the patch of trees in which the Pershing sat caught fire, forcing the crew to abandon their tank.

God, was my opponent pissed...

:D

Most add a story from Real Life :eek:

During my military service, we were in a company sized battle with our enemies, the much hated dummys the "red team" liked to airdrop as part of their invasion of Sweden. Anyway, it was during July, and it had been dry for quite some time, and as it was night exercise we had tracers loaded every fifth round or so. It took about three seconds before a partial forest fire was in full flame. Firing was promptly stopped, and about 150 or so soldiers turned into firefighters.

Oh, and welcome to the community, you'll like it here.

(Edit becuse I cun not spelll propperly)

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: vskalex ]</p>