Virtual Tour of Aberdeen Proving Grounds

karch

I've sent these links to a few people and my 386k DSL line seems to be handeling the hits OK so I am going to open this up to everyone.

I took a trip to Aberdeen last year to see all the tanks and guns. While there, I took about 2000+ pictures and many of them were for Quicktime VR Panoramas and Object movies. I made 2 pages of the Object and Panorama movie files done so far.

360 degree panoramas

Quicktime Objects

You will need Quicktime to view these files. The files are between 2-4 megabytes in size, so modem users be careful. As for high speed users, my DSL connection only supports 386k uploads, so depending on how many people start downloading these files, it may be really slow going for a while.

If anyone has access to a really high speed pipe and would be able to give me FTP access into a directory I could upload the files to, more people could view the images. Please email me at scott@karchfamily.com and let me know.

Have fun and the files are worth the long download.

Scott Karch

Really nice. Great job. I have a picture of myself in front of the Panther when I was 12 (1973), during a trip from Vermont to Florida I convinced our family that we had to stop at Aberdeen, where we drove down the boulevard with the massive US prototype tanks and then the field of relics and and the railroad gun. Not to mention the atomic cannon. Thanks for the awakening of old memories.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevetherat:

Karch, are these in Aberdeen, Scotland, UK or somewhere in the USA? If they're over here in Britain I've got a train to catch!

Taxi!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but they are in Aberdeen Maryland. I flew from Chicago for a 4 day trip with a good friend. If you ever go to Bovington with a digital camera, I'd love to let you know the pictures to take to do the same. Especially if you have a wide angle lense as it looks like most are indoors at Bovington and would be hard to get everything in frame.

regards,

Scott Karch

OK everyone. Back up and running again.

-----------------------------------

Sorry... computer is rebooting.. I was working on the log file and crashed the server. Sorry about that. It should be back up and running in about 5 minutes. It's 10:28pm Central (Chicago) time right now.

Sorry about that. It's the most traffic my server has had and I was poking around the log.

Scott

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: karch ]