Explosions and incoming artillery sounds

OK. Too many requests and no email servers that will take this file. (too big!)

So, anyone who wants to check out the explosion and incoming arty sounds I have collected can get them here.

Comments welcome, constructive or otherwise. I'm sure I'll get a few of both with this group. tongue.gif

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]</p>

For those that don't know, it's a 3,2MB sound file.

Well done, sir, they surely the sound as well as my bloating .wav folder!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

----------------

Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Massattack:

Thank you Sitzkrieg, I liked them....they have more of the CRUMP of HE explosions!Makes it more enjoyable? being under a heavy arty bombardment...........did I say that???<hr></blockquote>

Your welcome. smile.gif

These were really never intended to go beyond my hard drive so I'm glad others are enjoying them. I was definately going for more of the short "CRUMP" effect instead of the default sounds which sounded more like blasting in a strip mine. ;)

Also, thanks to WineCape for pointing out the size of the file. Forgot to mention that in my initial post.

I like these too, a little more muted but definitely bone thumping. But I noticed that bazooka shells that miss now hit the ground with a pretty big thump...is this accurate? Seems a bit too deep of a sound for a 60mm shell at such a low speed and shallow angle.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Binkie:

But I noticed that bazooka shells that miss now hit the ground with a pretty big thump...is this accurate? Seems a bit too deep of a sound for a 60mm shell at such a low speed and shallow angle.<hr></blockquote>

An unfortunate side effect. I might look into that and find out which file is used for misses. I believe it is the 00000200.wav. You might try going back to the BTS original or your previous sound if you have a backup.

As a side note, I think I might submit these to CMHQ or another site. Where I have them now has to be strictly temporary. The new post will probably include an alterate "miss" sound if I can get that worked out.

Any CM site owners want to publish this?

Binkie,

I took a listen to the "miss" sound issue. Unfortunately, Panzerschrecks and Bazookas use a varying sound, anywhere from 00000200.wav to 00000209.wav. So if you fix that problem of Bazooka or AT shell with a smaller sound, you end up with wimpy mortar or shell explosions for 81mm and 75mm and all direct fire guns below 100mm.

I will provide some alternate sounds for the small explosion series (00000200.wav - 00000202.wav) if I can find some that are a good compromise.

Yeah, I messed around with it myself and came to the same conclusion about the shared sounds. It's too bad, kind of like the shared texture issue with certain AFVs.

I would love a compromise sound if you can find one...I had to go back to the wimpy sound for now.

Thanks for your work!