Fuel question for CM: B2B, you may find this interesting

On July 20, 1944 I think it was, the Ploesti oil fields fell to the Russians, now I relize the Germans and their vast industrial --!technology!--- started taking advantage massive German coal reserves and started making synthetic fuel. My question is, like a battle on the Oder front, not all the tanks had enough fuel to keep going, now I was wondering if after feb 1945, you could have in the unit editor (For The GERMANS) a fuel setting for the tanks..like enough fuel for XX amount of turns...wouldnt that be realistic?

What do you the people think!?

(P.S. checkout my profile photo--got it from Jay leno headlines.)

-Fieldmarshall

[ 07-19-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

[ 07-19-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

I think its an interesting idea...

I just think that remaining fuel should be relatively unknown, so that you run dry like after 10-25 turns... It would certainly make the scenarios even more interesting...

Should the fuel last longer if the AFV just sits in overwatch position without moving???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

I think its an interesting idea...

I just think that remaining fuel should be relatively unknown, so that you run dry like after 10-25 turns... It would certainly make the scenarios even more interesting...

Should the fuel last longer if the AFV just sits in overwatch position without moving???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah depending on the tank...some of them will guzzel more if the engine sits idle and over heats..

Fuel supplies may not be in the scope of the game (though tanks without ANY gas would be).

Hopefully rarity will address not only the production of the vehicle, but also things like this.

Now, a Campaign is a different matter. Having fuel as a consideration of future vehicle availability between battles makes a lot of sense.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiborhead:

I like the idea too, provided there is an engine on/off command to save fuel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is way beyond CMs scope. It takes half hour or so to "warm up" one of those bad boys so thats most likely not going to happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

That is way beyond CMs scope. It takes half hour or so to "warm up" one of those bad boys so thats most likely not going to happen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it doesn't for the Germans. That was one of the less well known strong points of the Tiger. When the engine did start, it didn't take long at all to warm up since they were gasoline powered. The Russians on the other hand, did take literally half an hour to warm up their diesels.