COMBAT MISSIONS: Business As Usual!

I have handed over a large sum of money to my hosts and completed the transfer of files to a new high-bandwidth server.

All scenarios/mods etc. are now available and i hope to bring you more goodies soon.

One bad thing! - Gremlin has asked me to pull the plug on the "Boot Camp" series and remove the three articles he had written. I am very sorry to lose these as i know a lot of you found them useful and they were a much valued part of the site. If anyone would like to contribute tactical essays to that section of the site, then please do so.

Finally - i would like to say THANKS to all those who offered support and messages of goodwill over the past two days, when it seemed like i would have to shut the site down. Thankfully it hasn't come to that.

Cheers!

Thank you very much. I downloaded the entire site and have it in a folder on one of my computers. The work you have done is excellent and it has become my favorite site. The Mod List is particularly useful. Thanks again and keep up the good work. I really could not live without it (okay maybe I could but who would want too?)

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Kryton of Red Dwarf

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

OHYAH! BOYAH!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

IMO BTS should slip you some cash because your site significantly enhances the whole CM experience. I suppose they can't really do that because then everyone would expect similar treatment. At any rate, thanks for providing such a nice site and keep up the good work.

------------------

Later, Dave

Excellent news. So there is a God. Great site, I enjoy it the most, and think I've downloaded every single mod you have. Again, great news. I was really sad when thought you had to close it down. Just excellent news.

How come Gremlin wanted his articles pulled? It's one thing to say he doesn't want to write them anymore -but take the existing ones off the site? Why?

Is he publishing a book?

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

Regarding the Boot Camp articles:

First off, I love the Combat Missions site and am very happy to see it alive and well. Manx and I get along fine--there were no arguments, bad blood, or anything at all like that. I want to thank Manx publicly for posting them in the first place.

I just wanted to revise and improve the articles. In their new form, they'll either be published at one of the professional sites I've written for or reappear at Combat Missions in the near future. I'll post here once I fix them up and get them posted.

------------------

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

[This message has been edited by Gremlin (edited 03-02-2001).]