Ragged looking posts

Why is it that so many of my posts look fine when I've keyed them into the text box, but they look broken and awful when they post to the board? Very few others here seem to have that problem, and I let the autowrap do its thing, so why do my posts seem to be the exception to the general tidiness?

Curiously,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Why is it that so many of my posts look fine when I've keyed them into the text box, but they look broken and awful when they post to the board? Very few others here seem to have that problem, and I let the autowrap do its thing, so why do my posts seem to be the exception to the general tidiness?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you passing them through hyperspace?

;)

Michael

Guys,

For an example of what I'm talking about, please see my 09/06 post on Nebelwerfer targeting to the Invitational thread, page 8. There, for some reason, several lines of text were arbitrarily broken well before the lines were complete. Oddly, the rest of the text came out fine.

This is a mild example of the phenomenon in question. I've had some where nary a line came out right.

Regards,

John Kettler

Could I humbly suggest you write like Hemingway, sweet, short and to the point :D;)

Regards,

Charl

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------

We thought of wine as something healthy and normal as food and also a great giver of happiness and well-being and delight. Drinking wine was not a snobbism nor a sign of sophistication nor a cult; it was as natural as eating and to me as necessary.

-- Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

I have had it happen to me as well. I am supposing that in the typing process an extra return somehow gets generated to sit unseen and only show upon posting. I have

fixed it on occasion by editing. There I picked up on the likely spot, deleating until the words in the broken line joined, then put in a space and reposted.

Bobbaro's input sounds valid to me. John, do you ever copy/paste text, either from an external program into the reply window or even within the reply window itself? I've noticed that if I attempt to do that, or sometimes when I highlight/click/drag to move text around, odd things happen.

I also will be the first here to say that oddly-formatted text does not alter the quality of the messages you post (either up or down)

DjB