Time for a Promotion?

The confirmed kill sheet from one of my Panther VG late models in a recent armor ME QB--you have to love battles like this:

5 infantry casualties

1 mortar

1 unidentified vehicle

1 Cromwell IV

2 Sherman IIA's

1 Cromwell VIII

1 Sherman II

2 Daimler armored cars

Anyone else have any ridiculous tallies to share?

Where'd ya get the StuH42 there Windopaene? Hehe, last I checked, the StuH was licking his chops after polishing off one of them Yank infantry squads of yours.

Yeah, tis true about the demise of the Marder's. Really strange things happened after v1.2. Prior to that, the Marders were a dependable and reliable AT weapon. Now, they bolt out into the open at the first sign of artillery, and only a machine gun is needed to knock them out, don't even waste a shell on them. Too bad really, it means about all the Germans have to depend on is turreted AFV's and towed AT's.

I want the old Marders back. :(

Believe it or don't. My Greyhound took out a Tiger tank. Yes, it did!!! I think I sat there stareing at the screen for 5 minutes looking back and forth at the Greyhound and the knocked out Tiger. WOW! That was cool. PS: It doesn't work like that most of the time, however. :rolleyes:

I had a Panther hiding in cover out of site of any enemys, a tiger 30 meters ahead of it took a hit, and my Panther crew bailed without firing or recieving a single shot.

This was the only instance I WANTED to shoot my own troops.The crew even ran out off the map after 2 turns.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Arnold bribed his scriptwriters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having my adolescent perception of life shaped by Sly and Arnold movies I find your remark quite disturbing.

Next thing you will tell me that the Vietnam War was nothing like "Missing in Action" and Rambo II.

Say it ain't so!

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Believe it or don't. My Greyhound took out a Tiger tank. Yes, it did!!! I think I sat there stareing at the screen for 5 minutes looking back and forth at the Greyhound and the knocked out Tiger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I happened to live a few situations like that. This is when i'd have given anything to save the turn sequence to replay it forever... Damn, this *would* be a feature.

Cafard.

Cafard, to save the turn sequence you want, just quit the game at that turn, go to your saved games folder, rename the Autosave game file with a unique name and voila! You have that turn saved for posterity forever!

You'll be able to load it up in the "Play Game" menu

Gyrene

!!!

Is that as simple than that ??? I thought the Autosave was an automatic save at each turn end, *before* computation... So i supposed it was no use, as computation would be different each time.

Wow, i'll try it as soon as i'm home :D

Many thanks Gyrene.

Cafard.

I had an SMG squad tally 36 infantry casualties and a Sherman, while taking only two casualties. In fact, that platoon accounted for over 60 infantry casualties IIRC, while only suffering three casualties.

In the same battle, I also had a KT take out 5 Churchills, a Sherman and over a dozen infantry. I know, big deal, it's a King Tiger. Plus, this was against a new pbemer. It was still fun. :D