Ok, what MODS???

Alright guys, your pursuasivness has inspired me tongue.gif I purchased the game and i cant wait for it to get here, but i need your help again. I checked out MadMatts Mod Guide on Combat Mission HQ. It shows what order to install Mods and recomends what MODS are the best. The only problem is that it hasnt been updated in a long time (almost a year). Can you guys give me some ideas on what you think the best mods are? Whats the best terrain mod, grass mod, vehicle mods and uniform mods plus any other mods you think are great and why. I know this is alot to as and that the answers will vary but it will help me out greatly because i sitll cant believe how many mods there are out there for this game. Thanks guys!

Go to the CM outpost and check out all of the old reviews of diffrent mods, espcially pay attention to the grasses. I like the Old Dog Subdued with DD's terrian, and Panzertruppen's buildings.

Pick up all of Tiger's german and brit tanks. And Tiger's Shermans. Tiger also has flak and infantry guns which are nice. Then there are some diffrent odds and ends around. But you will have to wait to test them all out. Save your favs mods in a seperate folder in your bmp folder. And just copy and paste if you want to go back to one of them.

Tom's Combat Mission HQ--http://home.nexgo.de/tcmhq/international.html

CM outpost-http://www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/

My advice is get everyone you come across. Find a grass style that you like and build your terrain around what is visually appealing to your eye. Then do the same with all the vehicles and unis.

By then you will be infected and know what its like to feel the pull of Mod Slutdom.

After all this, you will frequent this board in a slavering lust, seeking anything and everything that can be put into the game.

Soon friends and family will be driven away, plants will wither and the dog tied out back will die, bills will pile up unpaid, your right or left eye will develope a sort of twitch blood shot as they are, and the stench from sitting in your own excrement will start to smell "not so bad". And the whole time this is going on you'll be waiting for that next fix,that next Gimme, that next Modified AFV Rush.

Oh the humanity! Get out while you can! It's not too late..Run! Run! RUUUUUUUUUN!!!

Mord.

CMHQ and CombatMissions/CMoutpost are the main places to check first.

For terrain, I suggest at CMHQ you d/l DD's "subdued" terrain sets. For buildings, d/l Panzertruppen's while at CMHQ. However, Magua's recent Normandy terrain/building set has been getting alot of attention so go to CombatMissions/CMoutpost to d/l the file sets. Looks nice, have yet to d/l it.

I also agree with mike8g's suggestions for those oustanding MOD'ers. D/l practically anything that's made by them for nice hi-res mods. Some lo-res mods are available for those without beefy computers. For example, d/l their expansive Stuart and even larger Sherman collection. Also for the Germans, be very sure to d/l Fernando's German half-track mods, StuGs, Pumas, PzKpfw IV, and most of all his recent Panther mods.

Might I also suggest mods by Tiger/JohnS. For starting a mod collection, Tiger has a good mod for almost anything out there in terms of AFVs & field guns. He's made so many mods that it should cover the basis for most of the commonly used units in CM... other than infantry.

Speaking of infantry, I highly suggest DD's U.S./Axis infantry mod as a base. Also, various British/Canadian/Polish uniform mods are found quite abit on the 'net. Recently though, the German infantryman has gotten lots of outstanding mods. I highly suggest d/l Andrew Fox's Fallschirmjager and Waffen SS mods at Tom's Combat Mission HQ.

For sounds, try out Scipio's sound mods. You will not be disappointed!

Also, visit Deanco's website for interface mods. You'll see why BTS has got him working on CM2's interface.

That's just for starters, you'll get more and become a mod slut for sure. BTW, don't forget to d/l the MDMP's at CMHQ! They cover all the basics from the stock textures/sounds from CD!

dd's terrain mods and tiger's skins for vehicles and guns as they both seem to share the same vision of how the war should look like. and if you want really pretty killing machines you have to get fernando j carrera buil's everything and the same goes for marco bergman and gordon molek (sorry if i typed your names wrong). scipio's sounds are something you can't live w/o.