Huge, Long & Large CM Scenarios

I'm looking for the biggest scenarios ever made for CM. I've played most of Large Scenarios hosted at Combat Missions, Der Kessel, Games of war etc.

I'm sure there are more out there though.

Any ideas where to look? Know of any massive CM scenarios?.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Stix

I'm not sure what you mean by "Feel". If you have 100 hundred rifle squads i suppose it doesn't hurt as much loosing when 1 as it does when you only have 10.

Either way, i like large battles and am still looking for some.

edited; because i can't spell smile.gif

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Stixx ]

I have something that you might be interested in. It's an Op depicting the British assault on the Dutch city of S. Hertongenbosch in Oct '44. 10,000+ pt British force against 7,000 Pt German. Map size is 3600 x 2000. The entire map is visible from the start, so it plays more like a huge scenario than an Op. E-mail me if you want it, my address is in my profile.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stixx:

I'm not sure what you mean by "Feel"...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it was because I made them, but even some of the other larger scanarios I've played have lacked the correct "feel" of the more average to somewhat large sized scenarios. Can't exactly descibe what I mean other than they just don't seem to have the right kind of atmoshpere for CM. Anything bigger than about a battalion is I think not this games strongest suit. Besides, just keeping track of the OOB in CM for anything realy large get's a little cumbersome I think.

Funny you ask for a big scenario how dose this sound? Its almost ready for release, we are just warping up beta test. The map is ready, just tweaking the forces a little.

Big Valley v1.1

Date: 9/44 (5/25/01)

Length: 40 turns

Side: American (U.S.) Vrs German (SS)

Size: Reinforced Motorized Battalion-level

(with large armor attachments)

Battle: Semi-Historical Meeting Engagement

Weather: Clear & Dry

Author: Tom the "Big Dog" Oliver

CM: v 1.12

Best Played: as PBEM

Designer’s Notes:

1. This is a huge map, with a large force it will most likely tax slower systems. With the heavy tree cover and distances that need to be covered, the AI has trouble and it’s not advisable to play against the AI.

2. The map has multiple approaches, good cover and is set up for equal play. Both forces are equal in points & composition. I set it up so that the opening forces are using Fionn Kelly’s Short 75 rule, then about 1/3 way through the battle we move into Fionn Kelly’s Panther 76 rule. Total points are approximately 10000 per side 6000pts with the opening force. 4000pts in reinforcements, broken into 3rds.

3. Its mid September and Patton’s 3rd Army lead by the 4th Armored Division, is driving up from the South East. As they push North East the Germans continue to try to slow the 3rd Army’s advance to the unmanned Siegfried Line.

4. The battle is take control of the main bridge at the center of map. The Valley runs East–West with a winding river running through the center. There are 3 bridges in the Big Valley. The main stone bridge in the center, a small wood bridge at the West end of the valley & a longer wood rail bridge at the East end. The river has numerous fords for infantry crossings.

5. For the Americans you must cross to the North side of the river and establish & control a bridgehead at the main crossing.

6. For the Germans you must stop Patton’s spearhead and try to reestablish a MLR at the river.

7. If you’re like me preferring larger battles with lots of options to achieve victory I think you will enjoy this Scenario. Both sides’ needs to cover their flanks with the diagonal setup zones it makes for the best kind of meeting engagement.

Please let me know what you think of Big Dogs Big Valley. We appreciate all comments, or suggestion for improvement.

toliver2@home.com

I would like to thank the Big Dog testing team. Without there help & input I could not have made this a truly balanced scenario.

Murry the "Claymore" Darrach

Michael Keating

Levi Klein

Big Dog

Rune also did one called Battle of the Bulge based on the movie rather than the real battle. I tried playing it on my PII 450, but gave up after I was able to have a telephone conversation with my mother while the machine calculated the second turn.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frenchy:

Try Wingen-sur-Moder at Manx's site and a few others.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That one is pretty fun. You really learn just how nasty Gebirgsjagers are at close range. They take down whole squads in 1-2 bursts.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

Rune just made one called XXX Corps Attacks. And believe me, it is insanely huge.

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i have played that 1 mate. It's a great map very big and i enjoyed it throughly

Edited; Because I'm still half asleep smile.gif

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Stixx ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Check out my Death Ride of the Panzers,

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Mr. Johnson-<THC>- ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thnx mate. I just downloaded it then. I'm normally not into short missions 25-30 turns but i didn't notice that this scenario is 2 different battles depicting the 2 days of the one battle.

Thnx mate

I just recived a report from 2 players who valiently played Death Ride pbem, end result was over a 1000 dead for the Russkies and almost 500 dead for the Germans. Over 50 German tanks burning, 80 for the Russians. And the Russians shot down 9 German bombers!!!!

I've sent out an updated version to Manx...should be up and available soon...I took away some of the German toys it was designed for single player as the Germans, now it should be a little more balanced.

my scenarios, 'putot' and 'tank trap' might fit the bill. 'tank trap' has 20,000 points total. 'putot' is huge too.

they're at admiral keith's site and at manx's site.

'tank trap' is particularly huge in that, not only is it over 20,000 points, but most units are green (lower cost).

there are a good 150+ vehicles total in that one; and probably 2 battalions of infantry, all told.

andy

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Grunto IV ]