Where can I find the 14" Naval Artillery?

The "14" Naval Artillery" thread reminds me that I haven't seen it yet since I got the game a few weeks ago. So I started looking for the 14", but I couldn't find it!

Is there a built-in scenario that has the 14"? I tried to find it in the scenario builder, but strangely I couldn't find it. confused.gif

Not sure of the Date's... Dittohead might be right.

But since 14 inch artillery is naval guns. It is only avalible really early, when the ships could still reach the action.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

Dittohead is indeed correct. In CM, the 14" FOs are only available in June 44.

However, to find the actual 14" naval artillery, you have to go to Pasadena, Texas (more or less part of Houston). There, at the San Jacinto Battlefield Memorial, moored in beautiful Buffalo Bayou, you will find the old battleship USS Texas, complete with all 10 of her 14" guns which actually fired on the Normandy and Cherbourg areas.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Bullethead,

That may be true.

But if you want to see some real stopping power. Graduate to my states 16 inch guns.

USS North Carolina

promo_1.jpg

Oh, they has have a panoramic cam of the inside of turret #3 at thier site.

http://www.battleshipnc.com/

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

Guest Madmatt

June, July, August 44.

If you need them but want to design a battle for a different date then set the date to one of the months above. Add the 14's then change the date to what you wish it to be.

This same technique applies to all units and is permitted to give designers some leeway in building scenarios.

Madmatt

USS Texas?! Hell yeah! I used to love visiting that old ship when I was a kid! My mother has pictures of me all over that ship. The pictures really show how different it looks now after they did all the work to it. It's cool to be on the deck of such an OLD ship. Two WWs! Wow!!!

(Imagine my joy when they brought a REAL aircraft carrier to Corpus Christi!!!)

By the way, what class of BB is the USS Alabama??? Loved that one two!

Guy w/gun said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's cool to be on the deck of such an OLD ship. Two WWs! Wow!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, we really got our money's worth from that old tub, reciprocating engines and all smile.gif. I liked how some of the guns had both Swastika and Rising Sun kill marks on them. Did you see that dud German shell that came aboard during the duel with the batteries at Cherbourg?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>By the way, what class of BB is the USS Alabama??? Loved that one two!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

South Dakota.

------------------

-Bullethead

Madmatt said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>June, July, August 44.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either I've been drunk a long time, or this is a change from the original smile.gif

The very first thing I did when CM arrived last summer was set up a collection of targets for 14" guns. But the only time I could find them was June.

------------------

-Bullethead

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

If you need them but want to design a battle for a different date then set the date to one of the months above. Add the 14's then change the date to what you wish it to be.

This same technique applies to all units and is permitted to give designers some leeway in building scenarios.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Undocumented feature?

So this is how I can make a scenario where the Allies get 14" guns and Super Pershings... tongue.gif

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Srategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...

The Alabama is a South Dakota class Battleship. If you want to see some good shots of her, rent the movie "Under Siege" about Steven Segal fighting off Terrorists taking over a BB. Check your brain at the door and have fun with it. The movie is supposed to be on the Missouri and alot of the 'at sea' shots were filmed of a Iowa class BB but the closeup shots were all filmed on the 'bama.

Kevin