Victor South (Utah scenario).

It's pretty much finished. It "feels" right when played (IMHO, of course) w/ your back to the sea, frightening volleys of grazing MG42 fire and the thunderous bellowing of bunkered 88's. Airfix! Airfix!

Expect to see it soon at Manx's.

View?u=1567327&a=11906199&p=50685396&Sequence=0&res=high

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

a LITTLE action?

Have you played the Omaha beach scenarios available? It sure is a blast to watch your little Allied troops be mercilessly blown to bits while floating along in their wood and canvas assault boats. Especially after waiting ten minutes for a turn to build.

I wanted to create a nice, balanced, smaller scale scenario. So I focused on the first little group of the 8th infantry reg. that landed under cover of arty brush fire smoke at Utah. To imply their was no action at Utah beach is sheer folly. It began as the single most FUBAR beach landing, and ended a spectacular success for the Allies.

Sorry, but IMHO, Omaha scenarios tend to be one-sided, meat-grinding bore-athons. Simulating a beach landing with little wooden boats when the defenders have clear LOS and gobs of MG ammo just seems kinda silly to me. But by all means, when the mod is available, use it to simulate any beach landing you'd like. smile.gif