New ALLIED Images!!!! Come and See!!!!

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

Ok, people wanted Allied images, so here.

I will improve them later, feedback is welcome!!!

Normandy1.jpg

this Second one is bigger!

PattonMontage1.jpg

Hope you people like these, Tell me what you think!

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, i cant believe someone finally did a gallery that didn't have a black cross on it

smile.gif

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Those are great. Where is the picture of the sherm in the bottom left of the top picture from? Too bad those buildings aren't mods.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Guest Rommel22

Thanx for the feedback!

I as looking for a WWII American Flag (48 stars, couldn't find any). The Sherman on the Top picture is from a book called Tank vs Tank. Very good book!

anyone alse???

------------------

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Guest Rex_Bellator

Allied?? American flags, American tanks, American Genreals, American troops....ROFLMAO!

------------------

In blossom today

then scattered,

life is so like a delicate flower,

how can one expect the fragrance

to last forever

Vice Admiral Takijiro Ohnishi - Commander Kamikaze Special Attack Force

Originally posted by Speedbump:

Any background to the TD shot? Most of the threads I have read here state that the TD was used in a mobile function to hunt enemy tanks. This one seems to have found a fixed position (pile of shells behind the TD)?

Speedbump

They, like Sherman tanks, were sometimes used to fire indirectly as artillery.

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Those are great. Where is the picture of the sherm in the bottom left of the top picture from? Too bad those buildings aren't mods.

As Rommel22 said, its from Tank Versus Tank, but more specifically it is a representation of the battle for Singling. The scenario for CM is called Singling Shootout.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....? Isn't a bit yanky doodle dandy.... And that guy with the big ego...Heck... Why not have hundreds of dead Germans hanging off him.....? I think you missed the other four nations that where the allies as well...

[This message has been edited by Rupert_2 (edited 02-23-2001).]

Guest Rommel22

Yeah,

Wow, really, it wasn't just Americans, I did not know that!

i wanted to do only American one, if you want a British one, go make it yourself!!!

Oh and Patton, I just wanted to put in Patton for the hell of it. All other American generels, didn't have the elan he does!!!

I think I'll stick to German images since no-one likes the allied ones. Screw it!!!

Axis or russian images only!!!

------------------

Originally posted by Rommel22:

Axis or russian images only!!!

Here here! wink.gif

Seriously Rommel, dont mind the sarcastic tone of some people. They just want to be recognized for what they did.

I guess I would be ticked off too if I was a Brit/Canadian/Pol/French/whatnot...

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Originally posted by The Commissar:

Here here! wink.gif

Seriously Rommel, dont mind the sarcastic tone of some people. They just want to be recognized for what they did.

I guess I would be ticked off too if I was a Brit/Canadian/Pol/French/whatnot...

ahem - I am a Canadian, and I do respect the fact that America was a major contributor to victory in WW II. I don't think each and every photo of "Allied" troops needs to have every single nationality, racial type, divisional emblem and flag in it. The work here stands on its own merits, though I will agree "Allied" is a bit of a misnomer when applied to solely American subjects. I presumed we might see some separate British etc. offerings.

However, Rommel, just because others are sarcastic, doesn't mean you have to try and outdo them. Childish petulance won't win you friends.

If you want some colour wartime images of Canadians to work with check out my site at http://members.home.net/canuckmain/ or email me and I can find some better ones for you.

If you have no interest in them, that is fine too, just making an offer. I wouldn't be discouraged by the sarcasm of others; and come to that, I think the posts in this therad were generally good humoured in nature. Thin skin and artistry don't mix well.

Food for thought.

Great work Rommel22.. Wasn't trying to sound to sarcastic about it,

but some American art work does look very Hitler Youth looking.. I mean very right wing....

-------------------------

It is only the complete absence of an enemy that makes a soldier feel heroic...

Captain P. Cochrane

------------------

Guest Rommel22

Well, some peoples sacrasm isn't funny at all! Jus plain childish, and dumb!

Anyway, Sure I'll take a look at your site Micheal, I'll try to make a banner or something for your site, or Not. I'll make a Cnadian image. But, i think I'll go for a Soviet one first. Never made an image for them yet. At least one thats good.

I'll go make some Soviet and more German images now, thank you!

The other Allied contries will have to wait. You can thank some of the poeple here!!!

------------------

Okay, time for another group hug.

All the Allied nations made equally important contributions toward winning the war, and no country could have done it alone.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Guest Rommel22

i am not denying that, it's just that when i make an image, everyone jump all over me saying the U.S wasn't the only one and so on!

Anyway, no more allied pics!!!!!!

Screw em'

------------------