A little Question about units

so equiping Mot. Infantry with Trucks is kinda counter productive? so.. drive them up to the front in trucks and then they dismount with their trucks and head off to battle?

:D *ducks*

ok I thought Mot. Infantry were like mounted on Motorcycles and bikes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

ok I thought Mot. Infantry were like mounted on Motorcycles and bikes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, in the German Army of 1944-45 many were. As an example, many of the Panzergrenadiers (Mot) of the 17th SS were transported via bicycles rather than trucks

Hi Venjra

Moterized units were used by pretty much all

of the armies on the Western front during this time- essentially a moterised unit is a unit that has its own integral vehicle detchment such as trucks, for the Germans I believe they were mainly empoyed with the Panzer Grenadier regiments and were designed to allow the infantry to keep up with advancing armour- though these units would most probably be designated as "Mechanised"

Ie armoured Halftracks rather than trucks,

I believe that Moterised / Mechanised units also had complements of self propelled artillery Tank destroyers etc

wheras straightforward infantry made do with

horsedrawn equipment and trucks to tow Guns

etc.

Hope this is of some use, im sure there are others out there who have a far more detailed apprasal than i have given

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

In game terms, the primary difference is that the motorized Panzergrenadiers have a second MG42 per squad<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What no rollerskates?? wadda jipp!!

BTS fix it or do SOMEFINK!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Meyer:

Hi Venjra

Moterized units were used by pretty much all

of the armies on the Western front during this time- essentially a moterised unit is a unit that has its own integral vehicle detchment such as trucks, for the Germans I believe they were mainly empoyed with the Panzer Grenadier regiments and were designed to allow the infantry to keep up with advancing armour- though these units would most probably be designated as "Mechanised"

Ie armoured Halftracks rather than trucks,

I believe that Moterised / Mechanised units also had complements of self propelled artillery Tank destroyers etc

wheras straightforward infantry made do with

horsedrawn equipment and trucks to tow Guns

etc.

Hope this is of some use, im sure there are others out there who have a far more detailed apprasal than i have given<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of the Panzergrenadiers of the Panzer Divisions, one battalion was gepanzert (mechanized... in halftracks) with the other battalions being motorized. There are exceptions (Panzer-Lehr had all battalions in halftracks). The Panzergrenadier-Divisions were 100% motorized (except those that were really Panzer-Divisions {Grossdeutschland as an example})

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Berlichtingen ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

... The Panzergrenadier-Divisions were 100% motorized (except those that were really Panzer-Divisions (Grossdeutschland as an example) ...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Berli, Berli, Berli...

It seems that we must (for all good intentions [well, not that kind of good {good being a relative term you know}]) send you off to the Seanachai & MrPeng School of Relentless Bracing.

Too much geekdom courses through my veins (ahh, the morning coffee has set in), and I found myself at the end of your post saying, "Damn Berli! (not that it would do any good you know [just sending the poor bloke home]) he left off his post incomplete! Imbalanced! Heretic! Burn the witch, er warlock!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GenSplatton:

Personally, I'm just glad the thread was entitled "A little question about units" as opposed to the "Questions about little units" that I thought it said when I first glanced at the thread name.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmm.... *hands GenSplatton a home breathalizer text kit* Use it.

;)