AAA

Has anyone had any success with Flak against Allied aircraft. If so what is result, because no matter how much flak I have I never hit anything that flies.

smile.gif

Tiny

--------------------------------------

War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

Bertrand Russell

[This message has been edited by Tiny (edited 01-20-2001).]

It's funny you mention this Tiny. I have the exact OPPOSITE problem. I haven't had much experience with flak, I do buy it every now and again though as a just in case measure. Plus, you can make that 20mm good against infantry from a bit of a distance if there is no enemy airpower.

But my problem is this, anytime I've ever bought air power, I haven't been able to blow up anything that isn't MINE!

I've blown up 2 Sherms, an M8 and wiped out half of an American platoon. One time I think my plane strafed some enemy infantry for 1 casualty.

So, don't feel too bad. smile.gif If you end up playing someone like me, you don't need any flak.

GI Tom

------------------

Think before you POST, TEST before you cry BUG and take a "Time-Out" break before you counter-flame the guy that just called you a Plutonian ButtMonkey---Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiny:

I never hit anything that flies.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you've hit ground targets with flak? That's against the Geneva Convention! wink.gif

btw: my flak couldn't hit the broad side of a flying barn.

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

How do you know if you hit the aircraft or not? If the plane doesn't come back can you assume you drove it off, or do they frequently just leave on their own. I rarely ever buy airpower myself, but when I have it has performed ok I guess. I'd imagine that there is a big difference in whether or not they attack your own forces between green and crack pilots right?

Guest Mirage2k

The first time I got air cover in a scenario, the German flak seemed pretty good. One aircraft was shot down, and the other (I think there was only one other) seemed to have difficulty indentifying and engaging targets. Of course, by the time the flyboys showed up my men were duking it out in the streets, so that probably had something to do with it. smile.gif

Also, great job BTS with making pilots uncertain as to whether a tank is KOed or not. Totally realistic, of course, but for some reason I hadn't expected that.

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

[This message has been edited by Mirage2k (edited 01-21-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Subvet:

How do you know if you hit the aircraft or not? If the plane doesn't come back can you assume you drove it off, or do they frequently just leave on their own. I rarely ever buy airpower myself, but when I have it has performed ok I guess. I'd imagine that there is a big difference in whether or not they attack your own forces between green and crack pilots right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume selecting the unit and hittin the 'enter' key to bring up the unit stats would reveal if they killed anything (in their estimation)... plus the end game stat screen.

In a tourney game my opponents Luftwaffe took out a Comet, two Hellcats, and a Jackson.

Air power can be very effective, especially against the Allies who have very little AAA weapons, and the open-topped TDs.

Wheres my M16!!!!!

Jeff Heidman

P.S. I wonder of asking for another American unit (much less admitting to having played the Allies!!) is going to get me kicked out of the "Germany uber alles" club???? I'll have to check with CavScout or Slapdragon...

I just asked because I am in a 'fun' game with a friend trying out the toys we haven't used.

My armour consists(ed) of 3 panther G's & 2 Jagdpanthers + various HT and AC's.

I have lost 1 panther to a 17 pndr.

All the other kills 2AC's, Ht's and 2 panthers have all been to air support. Everytime by friend tries to engage with Tanks my Jagdpanthers toast him.

As for the aircraft my Flak assets are doing sod all

smile.gif

------------------

War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

Bertrand Russell

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

P.S. I wonder of asking for another American unit (much less admitting to having played the Allies!!) is going to get me kicked out of the "Germany uber alles" club???? I'll have to check with CavScout or Slapdragon...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff! You've been a naughty boy! Now go and say 20 'Hail Kesselrings' and all is forgiven biggrin.gif

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super