Must Have Mods?

Hi,

I know about the ModList on CM HQ, but it seems, well, a bit dated. Especially since I"ve tried to glean info off the thread of "nominations" here, and see that these mods being discussed are in that list. Is there a more up to date list for must have mods? Especially terrain textures, but other aspects as well?

I have Velvet Grass and full textures for it, it looks good, but is there better? What about explosions and smoke?

So here it is... give the UP-TO-DATE definitive list for a newbie. Terrain, buildings, uniforms, armor, you name it!

Thx!

Sorry that I can't ( don't know how ) to just allow you to click on the web site like alot of others guys do but I will give you the sites so you can have a look. Try www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost and www.combat-missions.net and angelfire.com-ns-mocm-index.html, that should keep you busy for awhile. As far as an updated list, there isn't a list as such. The different sites kind of all fend for themselves and update pretty regularly, you just have to check them every so often to see what's been added.

Madmatt has indicated he will be updating the mod guide soon. If you look at CMHQ and CM Outpost you may get some ideas from what the writers say, especially the latter, comments like 'this is what I now use' appear quite often. It's all a matter of personal taste but I used their guidance at first. If you want I can e-mail you with the current mods I am using.

The Last Defense has some good mods, including some that AFAIK aren't found anywhere else. Use the link in my sig.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Swampy,

Here's my quick mod guide. D/L and install these in the order I give...

(1) Mad Matt's Mod packs(1&2)

(2) Nightcrawlers sound mod

(3) DD's terrain (everything)

(4) DD's uniforms

(5) Bergman's stuff (Shermans, Stuarts)

(6) Fernando's Panther's and German halftracks

(7) Magua's Allied halftracks

(8) Tigers Cromwells, Churchhills, Allied tank destroyers, Axis AA guns, Stugs, etc.

That's a good start. After that, hunt around and install what strikes your fancy. Perhaps DeanCo's interface mod.

There are many other good ones that I haven't mentioned. Hope you have a fast PC with a good video card. Have fun! smile.gif

-Doug

Guest Martin Cracauer

There are some mods that often make me think that they add exceptionally to play fun:

Tiger's Cromwell and Challenger

Audace Panther A

Tiger 1 from mdmp (who made it?)

Bergman's Shermans, Stuarts and M8 HMC

bumpy_highresgrass, but not the water

[This message has been edited by Martin Cracauer (edited 03-26-2001).]

Doug add 9) Sturmtruppen's hi-res buildings

I think you mean Panzertruppen. I tried them, but I am now using Magua's buildings. The Panzertruppen buildings need more variety, IMHO. Just personal taste.

Tiger's Cromwell and Challenger

I agree. Those are very nice.

Audace Panther A

Nice, but isn't that an Italian camo scheme? I really don't see myself replacing Fernando's Panthers on my HD in the near future (maybe never).

Tiger 1 from mdmp (who made it?)

Agreed. That Tiger gets my vote for "best vehicle mod ever made". It's by Kwazydog, BTW.

Bergman's Shermans, Stuarts and M8 HMC

All must-haves.

bumpy_highresgrass, but not the water

I haven't tried those. I'm pretty happy with DD's terrain.

-Doug

I would have to go with DeanCo's Interface mod to begin with. It definitely makes the game look a whole lot better. Then I would pick up Kitty's King Tiger mod and Makjager's JgPz-IV w/ Zimmerit at afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/. Marco and Tiger also have all the other great mods for the axis and allies alike.

------------------

Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half the time. - E.B. White

[This message has been edited by kburns24 (edited 03-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kburns24 (edited 03-26-2001).]