How do you call in An Air strike?

The camera isn't normally aimed in the right direction to see a plane. Incidentally, since you don't see the plane, it's impossible to select one; as they don't stick around, either, this means that you cannot see what they're targetting except by selecting the victim and noticing a yellow somebody's-targeting-me line pointing up at the sky.

Incidentally, not all the planes use bombs (some use rockets), and they can all strafe, as well. Watch those replays carefully and see if anybody's getting killed mysteriously...

(Weird bit: If you're playing Allies, especially a computer-chosen force, there's a pretty decent chance that there'll be one of those common 20mm FlaK guns firing. The sound will be distinctive, plus you'll likely notice an "Infantry?" contact way out of LOS of anybody but the plane, and looking like a light gun instead of a team/infantry. Perhaps it's more information than you should get? (Depends on air-ground communications and the visibility of the tracer fire, perhaps?))

I don't mean to change the post of this subject or anything, but I am having a small difficulty with airstrikes. Whenever I create a level and select it's units, I can not have artillery spotters for allied aircraft, just axis. Why is this? Also, I noticed that AA guns don't fire at the airplanes not sent in by spotters. Again, why is this?

Oh ya, I also wanted to say that this is the best game in the world, and this is my first post. smile.gif

R??

F?riginally posted by Major Concussion:

I don't mean to change the post of this subject or anything, but I am having a small difficulty with airstrikes. Whenever I create a level and select it's units, I can not have artillery spotters for allied aircraft, just axis. Why is this? Also, I noticed that AA guns don't fire at the airplanes not sent in by spotters. Again, why is this?

Oh ya, I also wanted to say that this is the best game in the world, and this is my first post. smile.gif

I shot down three planes in the prokhorvka scenario. It was the first time I had ever hit anything other than infantry with my flaks..

Another note, the planes seem to travel across the landscape at the same rate as your mouse move, while at view level 4. You can aim the camera down, and watch the strafing runs. Give it a try if you've never done it.