AKoTM Version 2.0 !!! CONTINUE ALL UPDATES & AAR's HERE!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarter Final Poll

---OFFICAL Tally---

Duke picks: 2

Player picks: 4

Voted:

labappel

mPisi

Texas Toast

Treeburst 155

Pondscum

Senor Beef

1 more Player Pick vote and it's determined.

BTW: If it comes down to a tie, I am casting the tie-breaker vote. :cool:

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Player picks.

The maps are Duke's responsibility. My forces are my own<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoo...tough guy. :D Indeed, your forces are your own, but as far as I know Recon_boy, you haven't yet made it to the Quarter finals and until I have conformation that you have beaten your opponent, your vote does not count.

You, are the weakest link...Goodbye!

tongue.gif

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

The Sock Monkey Mlapanzer tie breaker should be over as soon as Sock gets out of bed on the west coast. Right now as it stands he has knocked out 2 hellcats and 2 jeeps. I have knocked out a Hetzer and a 250/9 I have bead on his last Hetzer, If I get him I will be able to run circles around his Jagpanther and make him so dizzy he throws up all over his vision slits and will be blind. :D

---------

It's good to be at the top of the food chain.

This should have been posted yesterday. Sock Monkey is the winner. I Forgot to send him back the file on time. So good luck in the next round Sock Monkey. I hope my stupidity doesn't cost you 200 points.

-------------

It's good to be at the top of the food chain

Congratulations Sock Monkey, welcome to the Quarter finals.

Please see updated bracket for details.

Harpooner

vs------------Treeburst155

Treeburst155

1)

Pacestick

vs------------mPisi

mPisi

====================

Speedy

vs------------Senor Beef

Senor Beef

2)

aaronb

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Gryene

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

3)

labappel

vs------------labappel

Stoffel

====================

Sock Monkey

vs------------Sock Monkey

Mlapanzer

4)

Claymore

vs------------Texas Toast

Texas Toast

====================

Well Gryene and boy_Recon, you have failed to meet the Due Date. So unless you get me the result by 7pm Pacific standard Time, USA, you will incur another 200 point penalty.

I am sorry to have to do this but I cannot hold up everyone else any longer. We have had a month to complete a 20 turn battle, that is more than enough time.

Sock Monkey, I need your Vote towards Player picks or Duke picks.

I am voting for the Gryene/boy_Recon matchup. Duke Picks.

Quarter Final Poll

---OFFICAL Tally---

Duke picks: 3

Player picks: 4

Voted:

labappel

mPisi

Texas Toast

Treeburst 155

Pondscum

Senor Beef

Iron Duke (Gryene/boy_Recon)

1 more Player Pick vote and it's determined.

BTW: If it comes down to a tie, I am casting the tie-breaker vote.

Out.

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

Ok,

I just heard from Sock Monkey and he votes: Player Picks.

Therefore,

Welcome to the Quarter Finals Gentlemen! Expect to have your maps in your mailboxes shortly. Same rules as before for your purchases. 2000 points, etc...

BTW: I want to ask you guys...how much time do you think we will need for this 3rd round. I am worried that I am pushing the times too hard and I do not want to impede or intrude in anyone's real life .

I was thinking July 15th, but that seems a little quick. Maybe the 22nd? Let me know please, I would really appreciate it.

Out.

mPisi...if the map is too much for you I can get you an AssKisser sized one if you want? tongue.gif J/K. Why don't you set your Horizon down a bit. You might have it set to Unlimited, try 1000 to 1500 meters. That will give your computer a manageable bite of this Uber map.

Seriously though, if you do not want this map I have plenty others. Let me know.

Thanks for not one, but two great games, Mlapanzer! :D Even the tiebreaker was close, but when it came right down to it, you just didn't make gamey enough purchases! I was disappointed not to see a Super Pershing anywhere on the field, nor nary a sign of an M36. Next time, you need to quiet the voice that tells you to make realistic purchases -- I find scotch works well. ;) Seriously, Round 2 of this AkoTM was about as fun as this game gets, and good luck in the other PBEM's you have going!

Guest PondScum

I vote for July 22nd. Senor Beef and I will be contesting a standard "village at a crossroads with moderate woods around it" map, but with the additional evil Duke twist of adjoining setup zones...

I'll get my purchases in tonight. The unstoppable march of Axis forces from the bottom of the rankings shall continue - death to the top seeds!

Guest PondScum

Bump. Duke, whose purchases are you waiting for? Did Gyrene and boy_Recon every finish? Is labappel going to end up doing mortal battle against one platoon, a jeep, and a 2" mortar? These are the questions of our times :D

PS Duke: this thread is getting close to the 300-post limit. Time to start another one?

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: PondScum ]

apologies to all and sundry . mine and Gyrene's game is nearly up. i think the last week has been "difficult" for both of us for a variety of non-specific reasons. I'm sure whichever of us makes it through to the next round will make that residual Kubelwagen/50mm mortar/assualt boat set-up sing like an angel.

BTW, anybody played Operation Flashpoint yet? :D:rolleyes::D :eek:

yes played it at Jaws computer.lovvveed it smile.gif

I have to wait buying it until I have my new computer which will be around november :(

But if you want my opinion ,BUY it!!

it will make you spend your complete day on the computer,CM in the morning,flashpoint in the afternoon,CM 2 in the evening and night

Did I forget anything? Oh yes sleeping :mad:

LoL...lets see, today is the 3rd O' July thats -600 points as of 7pm Pacific Standard Time when it will be -800 points. :rolleyes: 1200 vs 2000 points in a ME will be a challenge to say the least. But imagine the humiliating defeat if it goes sour for labappel? (yeah right)

3 weeks sounds about right for the next Due Date that will not "kick off" until the battles are out. I am still waiting on a couple of purchases (maybe 3, I don't recall) but I will take a look at them tonight when I get home from work. So if the majority of the battles go out tonight, the Due Date would be the 24th.

Pondscum...you are correct, we are in the red. Why don't you start us up a new one m'lad...and think up of a catchy phrase for it. smile.gif

That is all.

Guest PondScum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron Duke:

Pondscum...you are correct, we are in the red. Why don't you start us up a new one m'lad...and think up of a catchy phrase for it. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done - y'all can go over

here for the nice shiny clean new thread.