<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by At the Drive-in:

why do snipers only have 10 rounds?.... i think they are worthless, at least none of mine have ever killed anyone. they always run out of ammo... or maybe i don't use them right?

ANY ideas?

:eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they shoot at a TC and you hear'MEIN

BEIN!' and it buttons up, you've got a

free minute to close assault the tank

which is shocked. Happens often enough

in my experience.

Also, suppose you are just about to

crest that hill and start the armor

duel. Giving your hidden sharpshooter

targetting orders right then (on the

tanks) can be one of several ways to

get a slight edge in target

acquisition.

--Rett

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by At the Drive-in:

why do snipers only have 10 rounds?.... i think they are worthless, at least none of mine have ever killed anyone. they always run out of ammo... or maybe i don't use them right?

ANY ideas?

:eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have used allied Sharpshooters and have taken out a hole squad. Sharpshoots can have up to 15. Think about this a squad carrys 40 rounds. How many rounds dose each weapon have. Lets use an American squad for example. Do that math its not very many for each man.

After considering what Slapdragon said in the last thread of this subject, I tend to agree with him. They just shoot way too fast. I'm not too sure on this, just theory really, but the if the sharpshooter fires 4 3-4 round "bursts" every round, it's no wonder they dry up so fast. This is why I'd like to see an adjustable ROF for all units. Sorry, I just think it's a good idea. :D

<posted by At the Drive In>

why do snipers only have 10 rounds?.... i think they are worthless, at least none ofmine have ever killed anyone. they always run out of ammo... or maybe i don't use them right? ANY ideas?

Use only genuine, CM approved elite or crack sharpshooters. That should solve your problem. ;)