Obscure equipment question

That's the damnest thing I ever saw, ugly too. Yeah looks Russian although I don't know why. Maybe the color looks Russian. Did they actually make a 14.5mm MG? Holy cow! Be interesting to actually find out what it was, not that I'm saying it's not the MG (14.5mm). Don't know. :eek:

That is weird. I'll tell ya up front that I don't know what it is, but I'd bet money it isn't a machine gun. It looks to have too big a caliber for that. That muzzle brake/flash suppressor is distinctly odd. I don't think it's any kind of automatic weapon; it looks too lightly built for that. Might be some kind of recoiless rifle. I dunno...

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babra:

If I suggested it used an alternative form of propulsion than powder, would that twig?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatcha got in mind, Babs? I admit I haven't a clue, but I'd hate to make an ass of myself...any worse than I already have, I mean.

Where's Lewis? He's supposed to know everything. :D

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dittohead:

That's the thing the germans used to shoot bratwurst into the stands during baseball games. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This can not be. As seen on the Picture above this Item has a Caliber of aprox 14mm, but the German standartized Bratwurst has a max. diameter of 13mm (thats why the German Aircraft using 13mm MG´s).

Plus the Germans never fired Bratwurst into the stands during Baseball games, because the Germans dont Played Baseball at that Time :D

here is the Technical data of the German Bratwurst:

lenght 16cm (u see longer then your P**** :cool: )

diameter 13mm

weight 120 gramm

Pork & Cow meat mixed with fat and Egg mantlet by a thin hull of sheepintestine

and delivered usualy in a Sandwich.

Damn Bastards ! Pork our Tiger, pork the Panther, pork our Infantry.... but keep your hands off our Bratwurst... :D:D:D:D

I'd say that item was a misunderstanding. It looks like a 37mm AA gun, on a light infantry gun chassis. The Russians did have a 37mm infantry gun early on, and that is the sort of chassis and shield you'd expect for that kind of piece. But it is a much, much smaller item. It may have been a field mod to get some useful AT capable infantry support weapon. Or it may have been a museum display error, in the sense that they knew part A was a 37mm infantry gun carriage, and asked for a 37mm gun to put on it as part B, and got the huge AA gun instead of the little dinky infantry howitzer - LOL. That's my guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uedel:

here is the Technical data of the German Bratwurst:

lenght 16cm (u see longer then your P**** :cool: )

diameter 13mm

weight 120 gramm

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fear you are horribly, horribly incorrect and I am forced to correct your non-groggy ways. You see, a 1.3cm bratwurst that is 16cm long has a volume of:

(.65 * .65) * 16 = 6.76.

Assuming that Bratwurst slightly heavier than water (say 2g per cc) it rapidly becomes clear that your weight is off by a factor of 10! :eek:

Unless of course you are refering to the ultra-dense uranium bratwurst, but that was only a prototype at the end of the war and will not be covered in CMBB.

;)

--Chris