Another beauty tank

Hmm. Not being a tank spod, I shall just admire the artwork rather than grumble about the details smile.gif

That's mostly because I don't know what they should be - but give me a few months and I shall be issuing statements such as "Look at the bolt layout on the third road wheel! That's disgusting! There should be twelve, not fourteen! Imbecile! Moron!" and the like.

------------------

"Woof!Woof!"

That's my other dog impression.

For anyone who cares, it's an A. An easy way to tell the difference between the A and D is the cupola. The D had the earlier "drum" style cupola.

And yes, the bolts on the roadwheels can also play a factor in identification. But not all A's had the increased number of bolts.

Now, enough feaux grog-speak for me today. The residuals of years of model building are hard to shake.

[This message has been edited by jgdpzr (edited 03-13-2001).]

Personally, I like the grass! Now, if we had some grass like that. we'd be schmoookin! biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Guest ckoharik

Originally posted by Tiger:

Those are "rendered" artwork, not the actual models used in Panzer Elite. I have the game and it was ok though plagued by a number of bugs.

John

I had it too. A bit buggy and definitely a learning curve. From what I've read/heard most of the bugs were fixed and there is a ton of after-market mods out for it. Of course, finding it now is the problem.

[This message has been edited by ckoharik (edited 03-13-2001).]

PE was a decent attempt, but what happened was Wings Simulations lost their publiher and had to start work on their next thing (read: needed cash) instead of fixing the problems with PE. Was supposed to be an add-on for PE, don't know if this was actually ever released. It would be like BTS releasing CMBO and not fixing what needed to be fixed. A patch was released fairly recent after the inital release but there were still quite a number of bugs. Multiplayer was still basically unplayable (not synching the packets, when the tank you were in got ko'ed, all the tanks in your platoon died and restarted as well....). I heard a second patch was released but by then (many months later) intrest had waned and they were no longer distributing the game.

What happens when small start-ups get done in by larger publishers.

Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger:

PE was a decent attempt, but what happened was Wings Simulations lost their publiher and had to start work on their next thing (read: needed cash) instead of fixing the problems with PE. Was supposed to be an add-on for PE, don't know if this was actually ever released. It would be like BTS releasing CMBO and not fixing what needed to be fixed. A patch was released fairly recent after the inital release but there were still quite a number of bugs. Multiplayer was still basically unplayable (not synching the packets, when the tank you were in got ko'ed, all the tanks in your platoon died and restarted as well....). I heard a second patch was released but by then (many months later) intrest had waned and they were no longer distributing the game.

What happens when small start-ups get done in by larger publishers.

Tiger

I wouldn't be that harsh to them. After all they're still keeping the support for PE alive in their spare time. And with the new user-made Eastern Front mod PE is twice the fun. smile.gif

------------------

Rührt euch!

CMPFCICM2 - Combat Mission Players for Campaigns in Combat Mission 2 - Join us! ;D

Panzer Elite is still very much alive.

The latest (beta) patch made multiplayer a lot more stable.

Its a blast playing 3 vs 3 with 4 wingmen each, having direct voice communication etc.

Its still a bit unstable though..but things are improving.