One sniper shot kills two men??

I just started a battle this morning where I'm running a platoon of FJ towards a 2-story light building cross-grain of the avenue of attack. There happened to be an enemy sniper on the top floor of the building.

The first turn was nearing the 55 second mark and I hear the sniper sound. I hear someone take a casualty. I find which unit took casualties. It was the HQ unit of said platoon. I replay the movie, I hear the sound, HQ shows two casualties. Now through further playing of the scenario I discover that there are quite a few enemy snipers.

Now, what would be the coincidence that two snipers fired at the same time and struck the same unit at exactly the same time? If so, then I guess I gotta chalk this one up to the magic bullet theory (ala the Kennedy Assassination).

Hi Maximus,

I've seen this situation reported before on the board.

Apparently it's considered an abstraction of a sniper attack. So you COULD lose more than one casualty to a single "sniper attack."

Just like when a squad fires at a target, it's an abstraction of all individuals firepower.

Personally, I'd love to see this happen more often as I think sharpshooters are the cats meow. smile.gif

Gpig.

thats one thing that always throws me off, you "see" them firing or hear the shot, but it represents lots of shooting in between.

one time i had a SPW 251/1 HT firing at some rushing infantry and had two half squads lined up perfectly. the HT fired, and both squads dropped dead at the same time! its just one of those things, ive heard of one "shot" from a sharpshooter whiping out an entire mortar team before! didnt you ever see indians jones where they were all in that line on the tank and he shot all of them? smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

didnt you ever see indiana jones where they were all in that line on the tank and he shot all of them? smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yes, but that was a broom-handle mauser wasn't it? But did you see the part where the lightning from the Arc shot through about 20 guys at the same time? tongue.gif:D

Marksmen don't have X rounds, they have X ammunition units, just like all infantry in the game.

As for the halftrack, that's an example of a second unit taking collateral damage from fire directed at the first. This can be very pronounced, and should make anyone think twice about grouping units together.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Well yes, but that was a broom-handle mauser wasn't it? But did you see the part where the lightning from the Arc shot through about 20 guys at the same time? tongue.gif:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but that move was so gamey, we all know there was only one arc, so howcome everyone uses it all the time? you see, i told you that we all play to gamey! ha, 9 M8 HMC!, ha! jeep rushes! ha! arc laser blasts! GAMEY!

Guest PondScum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JasonC:

It is simpler than all that. The sniper hit one guy, wounding him but not killing him - and the other is taking him to the aid station...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the sniper got a head-shot kill on one guy, blowing his brains all over his surprised friend - who is now a "battle fatigue" casualty. :eek:

Or the one bullet entered the first man from the back of the head, came out the front, then changed direction (in mid-air, mind you), hit the second man in the wrist, and lodged in the second man's thigh. All this happened even though when the first man was hit, supposedly from the rear, his head went back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left... That was one magic Luger.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Or the one bullet entered the first man from the back of the head, came out the front, then changed direction (in mid-air, mind you), hit the second man in the wrist, and lodged in the second man's thigh. All this happened even though when the first man was hit, supposedly from the rear, his head went back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left... That was one magic Luger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, my favorite seinfeld moment