War Novel

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horncastle:

Anyone recommend any good war novels? Ones with tanks in would be good! :)

Cheers

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red Army Tank Commanders.

I don't have it in front of me, so I can't give you the ISBN. frown.gif

Sorry.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

Guest Headcount

Ken Tout's 'Tank'is absolutely superb.

His vivid recollection of 48 hours of battle in a Sherman around St.Aignan in Aug 44.

Hell has No Heroes is about a armoured infantry battalion starting with DD Sherman at the Normandy Landing (Omaha beach) the end of the war. The tank is named Barbara. I stopped and checked my books and found I still had the book. It was written in '64 by a Wayne Robinson.

Guest Mirage2k

I'll second the vote for "Black Hawk Down." An amazing non-fiction work about a joint U.S. Army Rangers and Delta Force operation in Somolia. I gained a lot of respect for those guys after reading it.

BTW, I heard it's going to be a movie some time in the near future. But by Jerry Bruckheimer...ugh.

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Look for "The Forgotten Soldier", a true life story of a Frenchman fighting for the Germans on the Eastern front.

A great read! (I've read it twice now)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, alternatively, look for "The Forgotten Soldier," a work of fiction falsely represented as non-fiction about a Frenchman fighting for the Germans on the Eastern front. A great read! (I've also read it twice, but there's a never ending debate about it's authenticity. Real or not, is really good).

Kitty

Ps - Hi, Stuka! =)