BTS:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Xavier:

So, no winter war (Finland Vs Ussr)?

Hopefully this won't devolve into a collection of retarded titles; I think we had that thread already. It was quite entertaining IIRC, but not too helpful.

The Finland point is valid; one might also consider that Barbarossa refers to an operation code name and Berlin a geographic location. Is there a "technical" cutoff for Barbarossa? I always presumed it referred to the entire German campaign in the east - which would ultimately include Berlin. From that nitpicky standpoint, the title doesn't make sense.

Have you considered having a contest - set up an email address for submissions, and give the winner something cool, like including his name in the character set of CM2 (nationality permitting)?

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Combat Mission: Across the Meuse is a natural for an early war module.

I am colossally offended by this. This completely ignores Poland, through which the Meuse does not run. You anti-Pole you, or somefink.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Why don't we call this the Bates Award? This award will be given every week to the person who writes the most acinine statement.

Bates, take your liberal crap somewhere else and turn off your MTV so they don't further poison your mind.

Oh, and one more thing...I can't wait for CM2--The EASTERN Front!

Aha! BTS just might call it CM2: Russian Front. CM2: War in the East is good also.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I always presumed it (Barbarossa) referred to the entire German campaign in the east - which would ultimately include Berlin. From that nitpicky standpoint, the title doesn't make sense.

No not really. I think the semi-official cut-off of Operation Barbarossa would be the Russian Counter-Offensive of Winter '41. Thus ending the initial German Offensive which gaveway to the changing of the guard, so to speak, from being an offensive campaign to a defensive.

Because later, they had Operation Typhoon and several others. If you had Talonsoft's East Front II, they showed several of the East Front Campaigns. Whoops, there's that racist word again. wink.gifrolleyes.gif But I always took it, once I learned of the other so-called campaigns, is that Barbarossa was the name for the initial invasion. Which if it would have been successful *would have been* the ONLY campaign necessary, of course. But since the Russians fought back and dragged out the campaign until "Berlin", the duration of Barbarossa, IMO ended in Winter '41/'42.

Steve, sorry about that earlier post, it was one of those late night posts where I was also beeing hounded off to bed and wasn't able to review my post normally. Plus the fact of being the emotional reaction on such a silly topic. biggrin.gif

I appreciate the reply, Maximus, you do make sense.

I shouldn't do this in public, but as someone who has read your posts here for weeks with interest, I want to say two things - firstly, you do bring a lot of good ideas and interesting discussion to the board. Secondly, and this is purely under the heading friendly advice, you do come off as a little - err... "grumpy" sometimes. Or abrupt. I'm guilty of the same thing, we all are sometimes. I would hate to see you disappear from the board, I'm sure many of us feel the same way, and I don't think anyone would relish the thought of seeing you banned any more than they get off on seeing anyone banned in general. You, as everyone else, bring a unique perspective on things, which is why I spend so much time here. It's easy to get emotional, especially when others sometimes don't place the same priority on rational discussion or intelligent statements. You just kind of have to let them roll off your back. It's something we all need to improve on, myself included. There are also significant language barriers we have here which is easy to forget sometimes.

And there have been many instances of conversation, here and elsewhere, that I was convinced utterly that I was right, where after a few thoughtful posts exchanged back and forth, it turned out the moron I was talking to was actually correct and I simply wasn't understanding him. After which I naturally looked like an enormous ass.

I've lost my temper here on a couple of occasions too, so this is definitely the pot calling the kettle black. But it would be sad to see someone like you who has so much to offer be put in a position of not being able to.

Even if you DO like the XFL! (P-U!)

Guest Andrew Hedges

It might save coding time to first produce CM2:Lapland to Leningrad, and then, as with TC/PIP, follow up with a patch or upgrade or add-on product that would include minor allied powers (Germans, Hungarians, etc.) as well as Soviet units that participated in secondary areas (Moscow,Kharkov, Stalingrad, Berlin, etc.) later in the war.

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

It might save coding time to first produce CM2:Lapland to Leningrad, and then, as with TC/PIP, follow up with a patch or upgrade or add-on product that would include minor allied powers (Germans, Hungarians, etc.) as well as Soviet units that participated in secondary areas (Moscow,Kharkov, Stalingrad, Berlin, etc.) later in the war.

Oh, nicely said smile.gif

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

Good, deadpan delivery. Nice style. Proficient use of in-jokes. 8.5 out of 10. Shows promise.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Steve said:

Maximus, for the sake of everybody here... put a sock in it. Knock off the cursing and posts with NOTHING of value other than kicking someone. Don't you understand that you only make yourself look like a jerk when you spout off like this? (like in the Nazi symbols thread)

Sure, Bates took quite a pounding in this thread from a lot of people, but you are the only one in this thread so far that makes such comments a REGULAR part of your postings. Frankly, we are getting sick of having to read your crap (again). Consider this another warning (again).

Hey Maximus, weren't you already on Double Secret Probation? biggrin.gif

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.