Der Kessel - Back from the Break!! Updates'n Stuff

A long over due update here at Der Kessel.

As you all know I took a break for a month after the 11th of Sept. and well after that there were problems and anoying guests visiting me here in Hannover and taking pictures of me and my Rat.. yes Rat you heard me. :D

Anyhow The new stuff happening at Der Kessel is…uh… the Cartography map area is GONE!! why? Well one is disk space and two, leagal stuff.

So for the new stuff on the site!

One CM map from Moriarty called «Depot for the Taking» choo choo - "I think I can I think I can!! *bang* nope.. I ooh *thud*

A Historical Battle from Yankee «Arnaville Bridghead» I hear damn Lumberjacks singing in those woods.

Also two new Byte Battles «Raid across the Rhine for TCP/IP» and «5th Glosters go east» by Germanboy

Enjoy

Menschy

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Runyan99:

I found an incorrect link on your site.

The link to download the scenario "Toward Huertgen" actually downloads the scenario "Kall Trail".<hr></blockquote>

AAAHH! oops.. and Fixed. Thanks for the heads up! smile.gif

Menschy

As posted over in the Scenario Forum, but there is no reason to not plug a good site here too ;)

I have sent a new Byte Battle™ called 'Bure' to Der Kessel. It is my first published historical battle, based on the description of the opening stage of the battle for Bure in 'Go to it', the history of 6th Airborne. Extensively playtested, and all that. Experience 6th Para tussling with Panzerlehr.

Based on the reviews at the Scenario Depot, I have also made some slight revisions to 'Into the East'. If you have played it already, there is no need to revisit it, since they are small changes. If you have not played it, now is a good time to do that. :D

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I have sent a new Byte Battle™ called 'Bure' to Der Kessel. It is my first published historical battle, based on the description of the opening stage of the battle for Bure in 'Go to it', the history of 6th Airborne. Extensively playtested, and all that. Experience 6th Para tussling with Panzerlehr.<hr></blockquote>

Now Hear This:

My unsolicited opinion of Bure: Its a great, great little battle on all counts -- map, force balance, briefings, the works.

You all are hereby requested and requird by me to to run, don't walk to Der Kessel and lay your grubby mits on it, soonest.

That is all.

Bugger - as Wyatt correctly pointed out to me in an email, there was a map mistake in Bure, which I have corrected now and sent it off to Der Kessel. Must have crept in after the testers looked at it. So if you have DL'd it, I am afraid you will have to do that again. My apologies.

Terence, thanks a lot - it is comments like yours that make it all worthwhile.