No Expansion Pack?

Now that the TCP/IP add-on is almost finished I was checking to see if there is any news of CM1 expansion packs. Searching the form has third parties saying BTS has canned any expansion packs?

BTS what is the official word?

Thanks

Expansion Pack = CM2 East Front

Folks, if BTS can't get started on CM2, we'll never see it. CM1 is fine as it is. The vehicle list was originally larger, but it was shortened because of pratical reasons concerning actual use of the AFVs in question. The sIG 33 Bison was originally going to be in CM, but was pulled because of CM's relatively short battlefields. Same goes for the Brummbar, and a few others like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Hey Max, while we're here... do you know if CM2 is going to be backwards compatible? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No to the expansion/vehicle pack. This is per BTS in a thread a couple of some months ago, it would just take too long to do and they want to work on CM2.

As to backwards compatibility, a big "maybe". But Steve says not to count on it.

Guest Germanboy

Search with my username and 'add-on' that should bring out the thread.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Thanks Germanboy, too bad, there are a lot of allied vehicles and units I would like to see added to CM1.

The expansion pack doesn't have to impact the development of CM2, they could add an additional resource to create a expansion pack while they move on to CM2.

I don't have much interest in the east front maybe CM2 will change that.

Thanks

I can't understand u yanks not having much interest in the eatern front. Thats where the REAL war was fought. Is it because your country want involved in the fighting there or what?

The red army had some of the best afv's of the war. I can't wait to fire up a big old KV-2 with its 152mm gun, and get some flanking action going with my speedy T-34's smile.gif

For me Kiwi, I think you've hit it on the head. I'm more interested in the American battles.

Also, I know virtually nothing about Russian armor, etc. I'm also heavily lacking knowledge of Eastern Front history.

Like I said, I'm getting more hyped about the idea as CM2 continues to be discussed.

With all the battles and campaigns people are making and placing them on the net an expansion pack for CM1 is not really all that necessary really. Not to mention an individual can make his/her own battles and campaigns.

The Russian(East) front is where all the big tank battles took place. If you like tank battles then the Russian(East) front is something you will really want to play. Personally, I cant wait. Till then I'll just keep plugging along with CM1. GO BTS!!

~Skott~